Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
4. Name the title, author, etc.
"'Of course! Isn't that what a good story does? It pulls you in and never lets go?'" p 69
"'A bit of magic, like all good books,' the man replied. 'An escape. A place where you can leave cares and worries behind.' He smiled. 'At least for a chapter or two.'" p 70
TITLE: Lost in a Book
AUTHOR: Jennifer Donnelly
PUBLISHER: Disney Press
GENRE: Fairy Tales YA
RELEASE DATE: January 31, 2017
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Books Whose Covers or Titles Made Me Buy Them!
*in no particular order
10. MAGIC STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--okay so I wasn't really introduced to Maria's books until the day wayyy back when when Amazon recommended Magic Study to me! I fell in love with the gorgeous fantasy cover and immediately started reading what it was about and then learned that silly Amazon recommended me a book 2 before I even read book 1! Needless to say I hightailed it to Borders and picked up a copy of the book that was just releasing in paperback!
9. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--I saw this cover and I thought: ohhh this one is going to be kickass awesome! And it was!!!
8. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--again with the original cover! I saw this heroine wearing jeans and a tank top and thought that looks intriguing because also vampires! While I do love the black or leather kickass look, sometimes jeans and t-shirt is just a breath of fresh air!
7. THE DEAD HOUSE by Dawn Kurtagich--this was a double draw! The title and the cover totally drew me in! It sounded creepy, it looked creepy! I was pumped to be terrified! LOL!
6. STRAY by Rachel Vincent--I've told this story before, but when I saw this cover I was intrigued! Cover with a young woman on it and scratches on her back side? Yeah, I was intrigued to pick it up and see what it was all about. And then you know the rest!
5. FALLING KINGDOMS by Morgan Rhodes--I love a good fantasy every now and then and when I saw this cover I was captivated! It's got great fantasy vibes to it too! And I was pretty hooked into the story once I read it and was so happy that I accidentally waited a year to read it because I was able to jump to the second one right away! And then came the agony of waiting for book 3!
4. DEAD UNTIL DARK by Charlaine Harris--while not the exact original cover because the series was originally called the Southern Vampire Mysteries, but the art is still the same! I was intrigued with the cartoony cover, I think it was the first time I'd seen a cartoony cover on an adult book and since it was about vampires I took it up to the registers at Borders! ;)
3. DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige--this one was a total title draw for me! I mean, come on, nearly everyone has seen Wizard of Oz as a kid so I had to know why Dorothy needed to die!!
2. POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole--again with the original cover art, but this was more of a title draw for me too! I thought it would be something fantasy like because "princess". The story was different than what I expected but oh sooo amazing!!
1. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--and of course all my old followers will know I had an extreme cover love for this when I saw it at my first RT conference! The eye, the moon, the blue and the darkness and the woods...all total draws for me!! It was love at first sight and naturally, after a long grueling wait to actually read it, I fell in love with it!