Mar 21, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker




Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


I am enjoying this book SO much more than I thought I would! After struggling through the Aladdin book and DNFing the Sleeping Beauty one I was almost afraid to read this one but decided to take a chance and wow!! It's everything I could've hoped for! 

The teasers I'm about to share are good ones! In my opinion, at least! LOL! The first one is just one of the few moments where something that always puzzled me is answered! And of course what would a book involving Belle be without a bookish teaser?!


"He reached out a delicate claw and pulled all the strips of canvas back into place. The Prince was revealed yet again: tall and handsome and arrogantly looking into the viewer's eyes, challenging them to keep looking.

'The Enchantress put a spell on it so it would age with me--and show me how I would look if I was still human. If I hadn't failed her test. I'm...always reminded of who I could have been.'" p 190


"You had a magic mirror that let you see life outside your tiny world. Your castle. I had books. Reading them is like traveling to other places. Being other people. Living other lives. It made life far less...sad and lonely for me." p 223 


TITLE: As Old as Time
AUTHOR: Liz Braswell 
PUBLISHER: Disney Press
GENRE: Fairy Tale Retellings
RELEASE DATE: September 6, 2016 


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Read In One Sitting Theme: Top Ten Books I Read in One Day!


*in no particular order
**this is going to take some extra thinking! A lot of my one day reads came from pre-Goodreads days! But THANKS to Goodreads I was able to find books to fill all the other slots!
***also going to bypass novellas and graphic novels for those are easily read in a day for me! Unless I started midday!


 10. WHAT'S A GHOUL TO DO? by Victoria Laurie--I read a lot of this series in one day each! The latter books took longer because of that pesky job! ;)
9. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--not only did I read it multiple times, but it was definitely a 1-dayer!
8. LOST IN A BOOK by Jennifer Donnelly--I was surprised that this one took just one day!


7. THE BEAST WITHIN by Serena Valentino
6. OF TRITON by Anna Banks--started doing searches on my blog for one day reads and this one popped up!
5. FLIGHT by Alyssa Rose Ivy--pretty much ALL of her books have been one day reads for me! Unless I started it midday then sadly I had to wait until the next day to finish it!


4. THE WEREWOLF MEETS HIS MATCH by Kristen Painter
3. DAUGHTERS UNTO DEVILS by Amy Lukavics
2. SOUL CROSSED by Lisa Gail Green


1. BLED & BREAKFAST by Michelle Rowen




22 comments:

  1. Nice list! The only one I've read is Soul Crossed so far and I'm pretty sure that should have only taken a day to read if I didn't have to work haha! Daughters Unto Devils looks interesting though.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teasers- Beauty and the Beast re-tellings all the way!

    Reading in one day are interesting for me, never know which ones will do that for me.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the B&B retellings are also favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that premise for your TT this week, Jessica and delighted that you're enjoying it so much. I'm a sucker for retellings, so I'm going to keep an eye out for this one:). As for the books you've read in one sitting - an interesting list. I love reading books in one sitting - but it doesn't happen often enough these days - too many other things to do. My TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/teaser-tuesday-21st-march-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these yet. Devils unto Daughters sounds like a fast and creepy read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoy that Thompson series and think I pretty much read "What's a Ghoul to Do" in one sitting as well. I really enjoyed your list and always find some new books to add to the TBR when I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like fairy tale retellings. Though, to tell the truth I haven't read a lot of them!

    Mine this week is from a Michael Connelly Harry Bosch police procedural: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1fv

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome you took a chance on As Old As Time. I have had this happened a few times that I had to take a chance on some books too. Enjoyed Flight and I really need to continue with this series and author.

    Have a great day
    JoLee
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these! But I will keep my eye out for those retellings!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fairy tales, so there are several books on this list that caught my eye!

    Here is my <a href="http://www.longandshortreviews.com/miscellaneous-musings/read-in-one-sitting/>TTT</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few of these on my TRB list.
    Of Poseidon Series is one of my favorites!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of your fast reading skills! I think it took me three days to read Daughters unto Devils.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any retellings, so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy this one or not! Sounds like you liked it a lot. Maybe I'll give it a try.
    My Tuesday post features The Boys in the Boat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm liking the look of all of these. Great choice for your teaser. I don't usually read many retellings but this one intrigues me.

    My TT from Remnants

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list of books for your TTT post this week.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially liked the second teaser. Thanks for sharing this. I love retellings. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you are just trying to remember off the top of your head, it's hard to come up with books you read in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can read a book in a day but only if I have no plans on the weekend. It is funny how those silly little jobs get in the way. I haven't read any of the books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm all about Beauty and the Beast retellings. This one sounds great! Thank you for sharing! :-) My Teaser Tuesday is The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

    ReplyDelete
  20. Legion? Oi. I still have books 2 and 3 to read.

    Question: Do you need to read the first two books in the Twisted Tales series before reading Tale as Old as Time?

    Lauren @ bookslayin.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I literally JUST got back from seeing Beauty and the Beast, so I'm a little obsessed at the moment. I want to go pick up ALL the BatB books you mentioned here!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh love the Beauty and the Beast stuff up there! I need to read those. And I have had Flight on my kindle forever! Great list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!