Mar 28, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker




Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Riley gave a bark of laughter, as if he couldn't help himself, and shook his head. 'I think I've been dethroned.' He chuckled as the Eastern dragon raised a brow at him. 'The king of BS is dead. Long live the queen.'" Kindle loc. 23%*


*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.








 
TITLE: Legion
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Paranormal/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: April 25, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's topic is: Top Ten Authors I am DYING to Meet!
 
 
*in no particular order
**I've been very blessed to meet several favorite authors already, but I still can't help but want to meet a few! Though they're likely to be the hardest ones to meet ever!

THE ONES I WAS SOOO CLOSE TO MEETING!
 

10. MAUREEN JOHNSON--I think it might have RT 13 or 14 that I was sooo close to meeting her! Sadly she had to cancel last minute!
9. KAREN MARIE MONING--again, I was sooo close to meeting her at RT 12 but I think she canceled early on. Hoping to meet her one day at a signing, but yet I can't seem to find one on a weekend that's in easy driving distance! 
8. TAHEREH MAFI--I nearly met her at BEA last year, but alas, I couldn't get to her line in time. I did get to see her from a distance though. One day!
7. KADY CROSS (and her many alter egos)--ironically, I almost met her RT 12 as well! But she too had to cancel last minute due to illness.


AUTHORS I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MEET (which really can encompass every single author I've read and loved but have yet to meet but will narrow it down to these last 6.):

    
6. MARIANNE CURLEY--I've loved her books ever since Old Magic first released!
5. CARA LYNN SHULTZ--really enjoyed her magical books as well! Still in a state of denial that it's all over! That The Dark World just ends with the first book.
4. L.J. SMITH--the real one. Not the one the publisher called L.J. to write their Vampire Diaries finale. Still grumbly about that.
3. ALYSSA ROSE IVY--my most favorite NA author ever!! I ADORE her Paranormal YA titles!
2. LIZ BRASWELL/TRACY LYNN--I LOVED her first fairy tale retelling Snow! I reread that one at least 4 or 5 times as a teen. Her newest Disney retellings were pretty much misses, except for the final one As Old as Time! My love for Snow though overpowers any misbegotten feelings for those other two books.


and of course, this one will pretty much be on all our lists...


     
1. J.K. ROWLING--nuff said.
 



22 comments:

  1. I've met Maureen twice and she's so hilarious and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't list J.K. Rowling because I feel like she's a given :) LOL! I met Tahereh Mafi last year at RT but it was so rushed, I feel like it hardly counts. I think I've been spoiled by RT where you really get to spend time talking to authors, that BEA felt a bit disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and I sure hope you meet many of them some day. I have always thought it would be fun to meet Sarah J. Maas even though she isn't on my list. I've seen her on some booktube features and she seems like a ton of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legion sounds pretty funny.

    I didn't meet Tahereh Mafi, but I was front row right in front of her at a Q&A a couple of years ago.

    My teaser this week is from a murder mystery set in the Canadian wilds: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1g2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I've read Kagawa before, but not this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reminding me that Legion is coming. I'll have to get my order in. Come see my teaser from Gauntlet by Holly Jennings. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about Legion. I tend to love Julie Kagawa's books, so I'll have to check this one out. Thanks!

    My teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup I think every book lover ever probably wants to meet JK!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/top-ten-tuesday-100/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, IloveHeartlandandX. A lot of people have talked about wanting to meet J.K. Rowling today.

    It would also be nice to meet Liz Braswell/Tracy Lynn. She sounds like she's written some fabulous books.

    Here is my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tease and those are some wonderful authors. Hope you get to meet them.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep meaning to try her series. I have the first book too.

    My TT from Crossing In Time

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, so true about JK Rowling, she's been on basically every list I've seen today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you meet all the authors on your TTT list this week. The cool thing is that I made a TTT post a couple of years ago of all the authors I wanted to meet in person some day and I ended up meeting three of them in person within a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even know what I would say to Rowling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck with meeting your TTT authors:). Ooo... LEGION!! I keep seeing this one and drooling over that cover. Are you enjoying it? I do like the cover. This is my Teaser Tuesday this week - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/teaser-tuesday-28th-march-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I have only read Monings work out of all the authors you listed. I have some work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG meeting J.K. Rowling would be AMAZING! I might die XD Awesome post :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the quote! I haven't gotten into this series yet, and I think I should!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you at least got to see Tahereh Mafi. And I feel bad about L.J.Smith. I didn't J.k. Rowling I should have now my list seems incomplete LOL.
    Here'My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  20. OF COURSE J.K. Rowling! I would probably pass out in her presence. I'd like to see Tahereh Mafi just because she's so damn gorgeous! XD Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!