Oct 4, 2012

Random Thursday

All right, it's time for a mini rant! I wrote this down weeks ago as a RT post and I haven't seen the commercials in awhile, thank goodness, but this is still something that irks me!

Now this is just me ranting, I don't begrudge anyone who likes this candy. It's just the advertisement for it that drove me bonkers!

So Snickers continues to tweak their recipe. No problem. They add peanut butter. Fine. I don't care for the candy so I don't really care for what they add. I don't like nuts, so if it was Snickers, I was willing to trade from my Halloween candy stash!

The ads for this product goes like this: If you like peanut butter and chocolate, you'll love new peanut butter Snickers!"

I heard that and was like what? Seriously?! I love peanut butter and chocolate! Reese's have always and will always be my fave candy, but there is no way I would ever love or even like peanut butter Snickers.

Why?

Because, besides having peanut butter and chocolate--like they are advertising--there is also peanuts, caramel and nougat!

I guess that's the standard for Snickers regular bar is a given that people like it. I don't know. It was just poor advertising. Instead of saying peanut butter and chocolate--because really, who doesn't think peanut butter cups when they hear that recipe?--they should say something more like loving Snickers and peanut butter. 

I don't know really, I am not in advertisement for a reason because I suck at it. But I just found that to be a terribly worded commercial.



 Okay rant over! :)








1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!
    for some reason this Rant of yours made me laugh!!

    I LOVE peanut butter, and chocolate, and Reeses and Snickers... and i love the Peanut butter snickers.
    But i also love the nuts and nougat and caramel too...

    --I guess thats why I never cared, or really paid much attention to the ads.
    But I agree with your point!!!

    Bad advertising on their part!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!