Oct 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.


First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.



I am actually waiting to hear back if I can get an e-arc of this one! So excited to read Gail's YA series! I love her Parasol Protectorate series--which I still have to read the last book of--so I know this one will be equally awesome!


TITLE: Etiquette and Espionage
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger

PUBLISHER: Little Brown and Company

GENRE: Steampunk YA
RELEASE DATE: February 5, 2013








34 comments:

  1. This series sounds fun! Kind of like a historical Gallagher Girls. I haven't read the Parasol Protectorate series but I heard that one is great too!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seem excited about this book. I cannot wait to see reviews and if it's really that good. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds interesting! Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OO YES!! I have requested this on Edelweiss...not accepted as yet, but want to get my hands on this!!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of his book before now but it sounds great! Thank you for sharing :)

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-17th-october.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting - hope it's worth the wait!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had this as a wow pick a couple of weeks ago, and I can't wait for it. It sounds really good! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I've seen that one around, looks intriguing. Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also am super excited about this one. I feel like I have been waiting years for it to come out! Great pick, thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any of her books yet but, I have heard her adult series is great. I love this cover and I am really curious about this one. Great pick!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy!

    Here'sMY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been a pretty popular pick lately! Thanks for stopping by my WoW! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not read any steampunk so will have to check this out!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this one around for a little while now, and I'm still excited every time I see the cover! I haven't read the Parasol series, but it is on my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW of The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds really good!Thanks for sharing!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this cover! And the synopsis sounds good! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this cover too! It has been on my TBR list for a while. I can't wait to read it!
    Happy Wednesday :D
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this looks interesting! The cover is awesome. Thanks for stopping by my Wow.

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm super excited for this too! Also, Sophronia's name is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh! I so can't wait to read this one, it looks so good!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really excited about this one. i love the Parasol Protectorate series. great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of this one before so I will definitely be checking it out!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. That book looks really cool..love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds great! Reminds me of Grave Mercy without the nuns. I love all these assassin women.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pick. I have seen this one around. Looks very interesting. I will have to check it out. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your pick this week!

    I saw this cover at BEA - they had it on another book though because Gail hadn't finished writing it yet but it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't read anything by this author, but this book sounds interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is new for me but the blurb is fantastic and the cover is like WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This book sounds so good and I love the cover! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't wait to read this one - I still need to read her other series, but it sounds fabulous!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  31. First time I heard about this. But the cover looks nice! And intriguing.
    Thanks for droppin by my WoW!
    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  32. This book sounds awesome! I've seen it around and I've always been interested in reading this book, great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. The description sounds interesting and i like the cover. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've seen this on somebody else's WoW and you just reminded me of it again. I can't until this finally comes out. Thanks so much for passing by my post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!