Oct 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.




I so cannot wait to read this one!! Been hearing a lot about it for months! Only another month to go! Love the cover for this one too! Like seeing the rose shattering, yet still not looking totally frozen! It's beautiful!



TITLE: Black City
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Richards

PUBLISHER: G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: November 13, 2012










28 comments:

  1. Great pick! I feel like everyone has read it already and I'm still dying to get my hands on it. Such a cool cover and I love the darkling idea and I'm always up for forbidden love!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've heard a lot about this book. I'm very curious about it! :) Greta pick!

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to get this at ALA but missed it. I can't wait for it either!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Black City! This is on my TBR pile too, can't wait! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you'd like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the cover of this book too, it's so beautiful! I've been dying to read this for months too, I've heard great things about it. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sounds really good! I haven't heard a lot about it, but I'm curious to find more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this one as well, and it's out soon!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very interesting! And I love the cover!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I tend to shy away from the YA titles, this one has piqued my curiosity!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am in LOVE with that cover! Just beautiful! <33
    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one either (Errr... I have a copy, but I can't wait to get through all of my other TBR's so I can read this! ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am raelly excited about this book. I can't wait to read it. my wednesday
    http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-35-and-www-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for this one, either!
    They just released the cover for the second book, and I'm not really loving it as much as this one.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm totally excited about this one too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need this book now, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. definitely one to add to my 'TBR' list . .thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree, it sounds amazing. The movie rights were recently optioned, so we might see it on the big screen one day.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, me too!! That book looks awesome. (: and the cover is gorgeous!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. My name is Inigo Montoya? Love the cover..looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome pick! I'm hoping to read this one this month. Did you hear Screen Gems just picked up the movie rights? Books are taking over the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! Great pick! I am really excited for this one as well and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want this one so badly!! And the cover for its sequel is just as beautiful!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have seen so many great reviews for this one and I think I also saw that the movie rights for it got picked up already. Awesome choice!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  24. You know that I'm thrilled about this book since it was my WoW last week :-) Great pick and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I want to read this one too! Can't wait! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic pick! This is one of my most anticipated reads as well!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I swear, I've been seeing this one everywhere. I should get on the bandwagon and read this already.
    Thanks so much for passing by my post and sorry for the late response!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!