Oct 27, 2012

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.
Rules:
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)



This week's theme is: Most Underrated Book Series!


*in no particular order


This one is hard for me, because really I find it hard to say which series is understated and which one isn't. If I'm reading it, I am a happy girl so all is well! But I will try giving this one a go!


PERSEPHONE ALCMEDI SERIES
by Linda Robertson

I don't see this series around so much, but I thought it was awesome! It's one of the few series I am actually caught up on! It was getting pretty intense too! It has it all too, a sassy witch, a rockstar werewolf, the suave vampire, the kookie grandma! It's fabulous!!



INSIDER SERIES
by Maria V. Snyder

This is definitely one series that is WAYYYY understated. Maria writes the most incredible series and her YA is one of the most understated! It left off on two books due to sales, but it was awesome. It has a futuristic like setting and there's a major mystery factor going on because for awhile we don't know where the characters really are! All I can say is BUY these books people! Maybe the series will get picked up again, it's happened before!



THE GUARDIANS OF TIME TRILOGY
by Marianne Curley

Okay, maybe I am cheating on this one since it is a few years old, only 10! But it was truly awesome! And with most books being reprinted these days, I still don't hear a lot about this one! Maybe next year when Marianne's new book will be published these will get popular again. But this trilogy was a pretty awesome mix of magic and time travel! And the characters were just awesome, always taking you by surprise as well!



THE FORBIDDEN GAME TRILOGY
by L.J. Smith

Since all of L.J.'s books have been reprinted, some being made into TV shows, people know her work! But I feel like The Forbidden Game trilogy--the first books I read by L.J.--is vastly understated. It's all about The Vampire Diaries, especially since the series is still running these days. But I soooo loved this trilogy the best! It was very intriguing and gripping and a little scary. It had it all!



ALEXANDRA SABIAN SERIES
by Jeannie Holmes

Another awesome series that got cut off at two books due to sales. This one was pretty awesome too! Vampires, open-world setting and some seriously bad killers that Alex has to hunt down. And in the first book, her old lover returns to the scene and sparks fly--naturally! It was awesome and the second book even had a nice creep factor going on! It was definitely a heart pounding kind of series!




1 comment:

  1. I so love Guardians of time. It was one of the first YA series I read, and fell in love. I read all three in about 4 days. I had all the old covers then bought the new covers and keep telling myself I need to reread these. I would love to listen to them too, wonder if they are on audio. anyways. great choice of books.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!