Feb 4, 2022

Book Blogger Hop

 


This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Have you been listening to virtual author events? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: No. They are just way too hard to actually sit and listen to. I don't know why that is. I guess because I am at home, there are other things to distract myself with when the event is happening. Then there's the lack of communication, I guess you could say? I can't interact with other readers. I can't ask the burning question I want to ask the author, and if it's a spoilery one I would whisper to them in the signing line, I am basically out of luck since there is no signing line or chance to ask spoilery questions.
 
It's basically not my thing. To me it feels like sitting and watching Youtube videos which I don't do. It's not the same as in person events and honestly, it feels like a poor substitute. There's just no interaction and I can't get into them.

Though I have bought tickets to "attend" them when I can get a signed copy of the book. I just never actually attend the Zoom or whatever service it may be using. I long for the day for real signings to return.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!