Feb 15, 2022

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 


"Outside the bar, he'd traced the tattoo of roses and winged beetles along her throat, his fingers gentle. But when she'd twined her arms around his neck and kissed him, he'd pressed her against the rough bricks with all the fervor she could want, his height and strength of his arms suddenly a real and previously unknown advantage." p 36*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Book of Night
AUTHOR: Holly Black

PUBLISHER: Tor Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2022





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books Too Good to Review Properly [I have no words!] (submitted by Dedra @ A Book Wanderer)


*in no particular order


10. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas--I feel like it's impossible to review her books nowadays! In some way, it's feels pointless, lol. I mean I still write one out of habit but yeah, it's definitely one of those!
9. ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff--when a book is just amazing, how can you write anything but "wow" over and over! Lol.
8. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--another author who's impossible to write reviews for. I don't know how to describe it. I guess because in a sense, if you're not already reading their books, nothing I or anyone can say will change that for you.



7. NEAR THE BONE by Christina Henry--I remember struggling to write this review because it was just soooo good! It was creepy, terrifying, and horrifying but how can one convey all that without getting into why it was those things and not get into spoiler territory? It was a struggle!
6. HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer--I feel like Marissa's books are another one of those authors who it's hard to write reviews for that will be read-worthy. You're either a fan or not. But I struggled with this one too because I really enjoyed the twist of the "villain's" origin story!
5. TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard--I chose this one because I remember struggling to write this review as well as the sequels, but it was more of a genre thing. Once you read that fantasy book that was so detailed in its world-building, it's hard to relay all that and not have several paragraphs going. I know when I want to read a fantasy book, I look for reviews that describe the world-building to see how complex it will be. I try to include those things in my reviews of these epic fantasies and it's hard!






4. 13 TO LIFE by Shannon Delany--I remember being so crazed for this book and when I finally read it, I was at a loss for words!
3. CRAVE by Tracy Wolff--another book I adored and struggled to review. It was the comeback of vampires in YA and I was ecstatic and I had SOOO much I wanted to discuss in my review but I didn't want to write an overly long one, so yes, I struggled to review this one!
2. ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART by Stephanie Garber--pretty much the exact same reasonings as above, minus vampires. Well, kinda. Lol. I was sooo thrilled to read this one and there was so much I wanted to say, but again, I didn't want to write too much either! Part of what I love about reading is being able to discover things on my own without prior knowledge.





1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--another book that swept me away and left me speechless! You all know my love for this series and each book continues to blow me away and make it hard to put into words why I am so blown away and floating on Cloud 9 by each ending! Lol.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!