Feb 6, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well, despite Tuesday being a BIG release day for me, my order of books did not come in on time! :( They've been sitting in a facility 4 hours away since Thursday and I am gutted. I get weather was an issue for a few days here, truly, I do, but Friday things finally stopped and was clear, yesterday was clear, and yet they did not move. What bugs me is that I pay for B&N membership that is supposed to give me express shipping, yet this shipping is taking wayyyy too looooooong! I am also understanding of the time we're in where everyone is short-handed because no one wants to work anymore, but it still guts me that I still pay for crap service.

Though, technically, with my credit card now, I don't actually "pay" for my membership because I spend too much aka enough to get it. But I was paying for it a few years ago when this wasn't a bonus I could get when eligible. It still comes down to being a member and not getting the promised perks. It's bad enough that they took out their coupons they use to give members. Now we have to wait with everyone else to get a coupon sent to our email on any given weekend seemingly chosen at random.

Other than my book dilemma, the week was an average one. I was thankful to be working from home during the snowy weather. Though I am suddenly having computer issues with my current (personal) laptop. As I write this, I kept trying to guide my mouse to an error in my writing and it would not click where I wanted it! I put in new a new battery as the one in there was old, I ALWAYS turn my mouse off when I shut down my computer so I don't think it's the mouse. I even tried using my touchpad mouse to guide the pointer where it was needed to edit, and it would not click on the text! It's doing it when my pointer gets into certain areas...always different, it "seems" like it's in the center, but I can go in the center of another area and it works, but if I get in the "danger zone" then the cursor just stops working entirely! My laptop is only a few years old and I have never had any issues with it before. Awhile back I updated to the new Windows 11 because my computer kept telling me I needed to do so soon and I did and haven't had any issues with it either. It LITERALLY just started doing this crap as I was writing this post. 

I'll let you know how long this will take me if I can't end up completing it. And it's definitely something with my computer! I'm trying to open a new tab to get book info and nothing is being clicked!! Why is this happening?!


So here's what I got this week as I wait for a pretty sizable book order:

 

Court by Tracy Wolff--Target edition, 1 down 3 to go! I luckily got this puppy right before the snowstorm!
Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--UK Book copy! I was in a trade group and recently another member still hadn't gotten one of the covers that I had multiples of. So I traded her for the "book" as that was my favorite of the four! So now I've got a pretty "book" copy that I may one day decide to have facing out once I get a new Caraval bookcase!


For review from the publisher I received:

Tear Down the Throne by Jennifer Estep (ARC)


THANK YOU Harper Voyager!


Other goodies I received this week:





Gorgeous OUABH prints from Whimsical Illustrations! I also got the free postcard of The Cruel Prince!



This cure Kingdom of the Cursed spoon that I go from The Bookish Shop that I thought would be fun for bookstagram pics!


Then I had won an Instagram contest with Shea Ernshaw and go these cool annotation cards for A History of Wild Places! I still need to read this one but thought it would be fun to have these cards on the right pages to get the author's notes on things!

 

 



Then I also got a post card in the mail from Lisa Maxwell with the cover of her next book:




THANK YOU Lisa!



And that was it for me this week. Hopefully my books come in next week and then I will finally have new books to share with you all!


**update, I rebooted my computer mid-writing of this and it seems to be working, but I am still a little scared it will glitch and mess up again.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!