Feb 13, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Well the week started okay, but then around Wednesday, work turned crazy when certain systems started glitching and malfunctioning and it just made life all that much harder! Things are still being worked on and there's no end date for when things go back to normal and will run smoother. It's just a giant headache. I worked later than normal Friday, I even continued to work while on my "lunch" break, because I was crazy behind. Thankfully by the end of the late day I was caught up and things were mostly stable. We'll see how things look tomorrow to set the tone for the rest of the week!

In happier news, my books FINALLY showed up on Wednesday and then my other book arrived just a day later which was only 1 day late, though apparently it was at my post office like 2 days before that just sitting and waiting to be received. I mean, I get things are still crazy and short staffed because of covid, I just wish these trying times wouldn't be enforced on my book deliveries as it does not do my sanity any good whatsoever! Lol!

 

Here's what I FINALLY got this week:


Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead by Elle Cosimano
The Iron Sword by Julie Kagawa
These Deadly Games by Diana Urban
Hunt the Stars by Jessie Mihalik--keeper copy! Nothing better than being able to slide a newly obtained book on the bookshelf, marking it as read! Lol!
 
 

Court by Tracy Wolff--I got my last 3 copies, the BAM, B&N, and Indie edition because I NEEDED all of that BONUS content like you wouldn't believe!! I got the Target one first just before a "monster" snow storm hit us. I say "monster" as it brought in over 6 inches which in a city that gets snow on occasion in winter in the Midwest, we have very few plows and/or workers to plow the streets. It's sad, but I was super glad to get that copy since these 3 took me nearly a week after its release to receive! Though I did get my Indie copy on Sunday, so it was the first "obtained" book of my week! Lol.
 
 
From the publisher for review I received:
 

Spark of Ash by Molly E. Lee (ARC)


THANK YOU Entangled Teen!
 
 
 
 
Then I also got TWO book boxes this week:
 
 

My January Fairy Loot came! I was super excited for this book! The rest of the items were a bit meh. I was happy to get my Tarot cards though, even if they weren't from a known fandom. If I calculated correctly, my February box should complete the set!! EEEP!!




Then I also got the one-time buy of the October Fae Crate! The book was one that sounded super good and I think I figured out which one it was going to be, plus there was a CARAVAL item in the box so I went for it! Sadly, the Caraval item isn't a useful one, it's still nice in the long run just not an everyday kind of thing.


Then when I was in my favorite area of St. Charles on Main Street where my Indie store is plus a ton of other locally owned small businesses I bought a few other items besides picking up my book!


I saw this bookmark at the bookstore and it had me laughing, so I had to buy it! I love it when a bookmark makes me laugh out loud!


Then it took me passing this store by a long shot and crossing the street twice to find it! Now though, I have the name cemented more in my head. It's kind of two stores in one as the mini store I really like is in a corner of the main shop. They're likely two separate businesses but must split the rent costs or something since one is in a small room of the house. (Main Street [as it's called by the locals] is a historical street with old houses that are converted into small shops. Basically they're still the house but are fashioned to be a shop on the inside! It's one of my favorite places to shop for unique gifts and such!)

But anyway, I bought this adorable little dome-like terrarium. I think you would call this a terrarium anyway. 


It's a cute little stone vampire bat with a stone coffin and some crystals. It's a handmade item and I couldn't stop staring at it, so naturally, I had to buy it! There was also a huge basket of God's Eyes. I remember making these when I was younger from Popsicle sticks and thread! I picked out this two-toned purple one because I like purple! Lol! I also like the two toned ones since it looks like a better eye!




Then I won a prize from Kathy's Review Corner blog and received this awesome collection of books and Amazon gift card from Lorraine Heath:


 
AND THEN I received some of my preorder gifts from the publishers! Sadly, my Castles in Their Bones was missing the stickers that were included in the pack, but I'm not even sure who I would reach out for that since there was only a piece of paper in the envelope that said what was inside, basically no contact info or a hashtag to show off your goodies.


I got the gorgeous map that is just stunning and a beautiful necklace for Castles in Their Bones!



THANK YOU Penguin Teen!



Then I got a neat little notepad for Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead!




THANK YOU Minotaur Books!!




And that was my week! A much better book week than last week, that's for sure! What all did you get?









 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!