Feb 3, 2022

Random Thursday

 

Hey all! I thought we'd take a break this month from my little book of bizarre facts and take a look at the facts I saved from Disney Day Calendar 2021! Normally, I'd share the "bloopers." Pointing out everything they got wrong, but since all I found this time was a quote that had the "wrong" moment picture above, I decided to let it go. I mean, right movie, right quote...just wrong execution. So whatever. We'll see how 2022 shapes up--as I did finally buy my calendar on January 3rd! It goes on record for the absolute latest time I've ever bought my calendar, as in, the first time EVER that calendars were not half off the day after Christmas. That's one for my record books! Lol.


(image borrowed from Freep)

Did you know that The Little Mermaid with its underwater setting, used more special effects than any Disney (cartoon) movie since Fantasia?


I can see that! I wonder if it was still more than Beauty and the Beast? I remember that one having a lot of neat effects!



(image borrowed from Disney Movies)

Do you know the names of all 15 puppies of Pongo and Perdita? I never really caught them al myself, wonder if they came about later on with the first live action one. Anyway, they are Lucky, Thunder, Rolly, Patch, Pepper, Penny, Cadpig, Freckles, Purdy, Wizzer, Jewel, Dipstick, Two-Tone, and Spotty.


Now I know some names were straight from the live action one, but I feel like some of these others were kept secret!



 

In Finding Dory, the hermit crabs used various human things that they found for their home. The one with the rubber duck is a reference to the container that broke open in the ocean in 1992 and left 28,000 rubber ducks in the sea.


Why don't I know this event?!



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know that the movie Bambi there are less than 1,000 words of dialogue? The story is mainly told through the animation. 


This I totally believe! I wonder if that's why I could never handle watching the movie too many times. That and you know, what happens early on.



(image borrowed from Dailymotion)

Did you know that the transformation of the Beast into the Prince at the end of Beauty and the Beast used real smoke that was originally used in The Black Cauldron?


I did not! But whoa!






1 comment:

  1. MGM National Harbor | Dr. MD
    Located in Las Vegas (Connecticut), MGM 세종특별자치 출장마사지 National Harbor is an impressive 의정부 출장마사지 sight 전라북도 출장마사지 to behold. You can expect an array of 목포 출장샵 amenities 포항 출장마사지 and amenities for  Rating: 4 · ‎5 reviews

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!