Apr 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


The second book in the darkly tempting Blud series, featuring a vampire princess who embarks upon a dangerous journey to claim what is rightfully hers.

When Blud princess Ahnastasia wakes up, drained and starving in a suitcase, she’s not sure which calls to her more: the sound of music or the scent of blood. The source of both sensations is a handsome and mysterious man named Casper Sterling. Once the most celebrated musician in London, Sangland, he’s fallen on hard times. Now, much to Ahna’s frustration, the debauched and reckless human is her only ticket back home to the snow-rimmed and magical land of Freesia.

Together with Casper’s prickly charge, a scrappy orphan named Keen, they seek passage to Ahna’s homeland, where a power-hungry sorceress named Ravenna holds the royal family in thrall. Traveling from the back alleys of London to the sparkling minarets of Muscovy, Ahna discovers that Freesia holds new perils and dangerous foes. Back in her country, she is forced to choose between the heart she never knew she had and the land that she was born to rule. But with Casper’s help, Ahna may find a way to have it all…



I still need to read the first one but I have high hopes that I am going to love it based on the reviews I've read! So I can't even read the description for this one yet. Trying to work through the RT authors in my TBR pile first!


TITLE: Wicked as She Wants
AUTHOR: Delilah S. Dawson

PUBLISHER: Pocket Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: April 30, 2013



Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.




Looking forward to this one too! Love Andrea Cremer and I hear good things about David, thought I haven't read anything by him yet.


TITLE: Invisibility
AUTHORS: Andrea Cremer & David Levithan

PUBLISHER: Philomel
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: May 7, 2013





35 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the first one. Invisibility looks and sounds great! Surely, it's on my waiting list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge paranormal romance fan but Wicked As She Wants does sound fun. :) And you can't go wrong with David Levithan. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure either of these are my kind of read, but I hope you enjoy them when you get to read them.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great WoW picks! I can't wait to read Invisibility, it sounds amazing.

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/obsession-with-books-has-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to start Cremer's Nightshade trilogy but I'm totally hesitating for some reason. Invisibility sounds good.


    Check out my Wating on Wednesday pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Invisibility is about to come out? Wow I remember seeing the cover for the first time and it's been a while. I can't wait to read it. I haven't heard of the first one but sounds interesting. Great picks.

    Here is our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Wicked As She Comes was on Edelweiss for a while. The other one is interesting. Nice picks.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Invisibility is one I can't wait to read!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks, Jessica! I want these, too :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh the first one sounds hot, and i like the second pick too :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-42.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Invisibility sounds so interesting! I can't wait for that one. And the other picks are great too. :D

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Invisibility sounds SOOOOOO good! I really can't wait to check it out. Sqeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can´t wait to read Invisibility.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wicked as She Wants looks interesting - hope it's worth the wait!

    Here's My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. So excited about Invisibility! I featured it awhile ago. Love both authors. I've only read Every Day by David Levithan so far but it was absolutely amazing and I hear his other books are as well. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Invisibility is on my wishlist as wellHope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog
    .

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love both covers! and the first book sounds very interesting, great picks :)
    Old follower.

    Here's My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the Invisibility ARC, I really want to read it at some point, I'm just trying to figure out when. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also am waiting very impatiently for Invisibility! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    (I sent you an email about the blog design contest)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Invisibility either! I hope you get them soon and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wicked As She Wants is on Edelweiss, I believe! I might read Invisibility, when I get the chance :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice Jessica! I like Andrea so I might have to check this one out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really really really love the sound of Invisibility.


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yea! Invisibilty! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's sad that I've never read anything by David Leviathan, but I do want to change that. Invisibility sounds fascinating so I intend to remain on the lookout for this book in the future. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like David Levithan. I've read some books where he co-authors, and I've ended up liking them :) Thanks for sharing, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Invisibility sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing! And stopping by my WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  28. Invisibility sounds really good! (I haven't read anything by either author!) Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm really looking forward to Invisibility! With David Leviathan, I have extremely high expectations for it!

    Angie @ YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome picks! I am excited for invisibility too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jessica, you are missing out on great writing! ;) I love Delilah S. Dawson, her books are much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!