Apr 14, 2013

Mini Review--Shadow Hunt by Erin Kellison

UNSTOPPABLE

Dr. Cameron Kalamos and Eleanor Russo make an unbeatable team - science and magic, working hand in hand to confront the darkness besetting humankind.

STRAY

At the center of that darkness stand the powerful mage Houses, but the brutal murderer Ellie and Cam are hunting seems to be affiliated with none of them.

SEDUCED

When nothing is as it seems, and danger meets desire head on, sex can be an act of war. For Ellie, ensnared between the man she loves and the one she must destroy, the battle is about to begin...



Erin Kellison's Shadow Hunt continues to the story of Cam and Ellie, Cam being the scientist and Ellie having a Shadow that has a mind of her own.

This was a quick read for me today! In the prologue, Marcie the cook at Segue headquarters is murdered by a feign with a magical knife. Cam and Ellie have taken it upon themselves to avenge her death by tracking down this guy.

I read this throughout the entire day while running errands, a very difficult feat, so names are not coming easily to me! But the just of this story has Cam and Ellie trying to find Marcie's killer and kill him. One of the problems though is that this guy isn't alone!

This was an enjoyable read. I like Cam and Ellie, they make a good team and are a sweet couple! There's a good amount of romance in this one with a nice surprise at the end! It also includes a sneak peek at the next Shadow Kissed novel, Soul Kissed, but I refrained from reading it since reading sneak peeks isn't good for my psyche!

Erin Kellison's books are some of my faves because they have a fantastical quality to them that can be almost fairy tale like in a very vague sense, like thin strips of storyline threads. The characters are always colorful and enjoyable! A truly remarkable series!


Overall Rating 4.5/5 stars




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... The book sounds good, but it's not really my preferred genre. I love the blog though! Such a pretty design.

    Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this book but it sounds AMAZING. I might need to check out this series!

    Awesome review, Jessica ♥ So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read Erin Kellison. This one sounds wonderful and I can tell you really liked it. :) Thanks for the great review, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!