Apr 18, 2013

Random Thursday

Does anyone else remember the mini series The 10th Kingdom? It was on back in 2000, so 13 years ago. I remember seeing the commercial for it back then and automatically I knew I would love it! What's not to love about a series where the real world and fairy tale world collide?

Of course it didn't happen exactly that way, first some of the fairy tale people come to NYC, then the New Yorkers go to fairy tale world and then it's a struggle to get back home! But with trolls, an evil queen and her huntsman on their tale it's easier said than done!


Yeah I totally loved this show! I even bought the special gift package they offered on TV, by receiving the VHS tapes--yes VHS--, the TV series to book adaptation book--still have it too!--, and the soundtrack--which was mostly just musical score and the opening theme song! I remember taping them too at times, because back then I had to go to PSR (religion) class once a week and of course the show had to be new on those days!

Anyone else remember this show? It starred Kimberly Williams, Scott Cohen, John Larroquette, Ed O'Neil and many others naturally!




4 comments:

  1. Hi there!:)
    I don't remember this series but sounds good. I love the image. I hope you can find someone who remember it. :)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when it was first advertised, but I only just recently watched it last year thanks to Netflix! It was a great mini-series, and it's one that I woudln't mind watching again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember it. It was awesome. I've watched it a few times. I really should buy it at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha, I remember it, Jessica! Once Upon A Time TV series really reminded me of The 10th Kingdom with its concept. It has some cheesy magical moments too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!