Apr 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday




I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


In this sequel to OF POSEIDON, Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she’s a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. Syrena law states that all Half- Breeds should be put to death.

As if that’s not bad enough, her mother’s reappearance among the Syrena turns the two kingdoms—Poseidon and Triton—against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen’s request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself—and her Gift—to save a people she’s never known?


  
Still have to read the first in this series, but looking forward to it! Always so hard to do a WoW or similar cover post when I haven't gotten caught up in the series!



TITLE: Of Triton
AUTHOR: Anna Banks

PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: May 28, 2013





After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.



Looking forward to seeing how this one ends! Read the last as an ARC so my memory is pretty fuzzy on some details. Love the cover though! This whole trilogy has had beautiful covers!



TITLE: Goddess
AUTHOR: Josephine Angelini

PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
GENRE: Paranormal/Mythology YA
RELEASE DATE: May 28, 2013










36 comments:

  1. Yay for the Greek mythology! I haven't read the other books of the Starcrossed trilogy, but they sound great! And you're right about the beautiful cover. Wow!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see Of Triton around, the more I want to pick up Of Poseidon right now, because ppl are going crazy about it and I want to find out why. ;) Goddess.. I'm a little reluctant, but it doesn't sound half bad, either.
    Good choices! My WoW, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway runnung on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks Jessica! I am soooo excited for Goddess, I absolutely love this series & Of Triton is also high on my wishlist.

    Nice WoW picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks!! I have to read Of-Poseidon. I've heard many good things about it and I am sure I'll enjoy it.
    I LOVE the new look!! It looks so beautiful and professional!!

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read Of Poseidon. I'll get around to it eventually though. Soooo excited for Goddesss. The book just screams buy me.

    Check out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the Starcrossed series yet. But I did read Of Poseidon and was really disappointed with it. Hopefully, you will enjoy it more than I did!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for Of Triton! Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two interesting (if very different) picks . . . hope they're worth the wait!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know Of Triton was on NG for a while. I like the covers for the Starcrossed series. Very nice. Also like the makeover.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't started with neither of these series yet..I hope I'll soon. Great picks.

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started either of these series by I hope to soon :) Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these look good Hope you get to read it soon!
    Love the new look btw
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to start both series. Great picks today! By the way, love the new blog look :)

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks!! But I can't even talk about them... I'm overwhelmed by your makeover!! It looks so awesome!! Congrats... I hope you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so captivating...enjoy!

    Love your new blog look....and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait for Of Trition as well! It should be interesting to see what happens after that ending in the first book!

    My WOW Post
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new blog design. I haven't read either of the series, but they are both on the TBR list!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, I love your new design! I still need to get started in both series.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOAH, new layout! Awesome!

    I actually have OF TRITON - I'll be reading it soon. It's a print ARC, too! I never get print ARCs. I won this one.

    I haven't read Dreamless, so I guess I'm not necessarily excited to read Goddess. Starcrossed was okay though!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Of Triton, too :) I loved Of Poseidon! Haven't tried the Starcrossed series yet. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard a lot about both of these series! With any luck I'll read them sooner or later! =D
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, I love your new blog design! So pretty!
    I haven’t read book in either of these series but I want to read Of Poseidon because I’ve never read a mermaid book before.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still haven't read Of Poseidon, and never got past Starcrossed... I hope you enjoy these though!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I concur with Nereyda! Love the design! So cute! I haven't read either of these series yet, but they are on my mountain of a TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW Jessica!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gahh! Goddess's cover Is. To. DIE. For. There haven't been many Mythology based books released this year, so I really want to get my hands on this one. :D

    Thanks for stopping by! Old Follower. :D
    Daphne @ Reading until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  26. These covers are stunning and such beautiful shades of blue. I have yet to read Starcrossed or Of Poseidon, but I've heard good things. Great picks! And I love the new design btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have Of Poseidon and was going to read it recently, but since if apparently ends on a cliffhanger, I'm going to try and wait until Of Triton is out.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  28. First, congrats on the re-design; so pretty!

    Great picks this week; I still need to read Dreamless though haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am loving the new design! Must remember to grab your button when I am on my computer so pretty! I have had my eye on both of these series for a while. I really need to make time for them. Great picks.


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read these series but I'm looking forward in reading them.

    Thanks for droppin by my WoW!

    P.S I LOVE THE NEW DESIGN! :)

    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really need to start both of these series. I have no excuse for not reading either. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great picks! I haven't started either series (bad me) but I really keep meaning to.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have yet to read the first book in both of these series and I really need to soon. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. BTW, I love the new blog design. It looks awesome. =]

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh man! You changed your blog style! It looks so AWESOME!!! I love purple :)))

    Anyway, you're picks are great! Too bad I haven't started either of this series, so I can't really have an opinion or expectations. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome choices!! I really want to read the Starcrossed series!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!