1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc
"So that leaves Win. Win who was willing to break the Traveler rules on Earth when he realized I could help him. Win, who was the only one who questioned our plans after what happened to Britta. We accomplished so much before, just the two of us. It almost feels meant to be." Kindle loc. 63%*
*Quote comes from ARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.
TITLE: The Clouded Sky
AUTHOR: Megan Crewe
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
RELEASE DATE: May 5, 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week's topic is: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors
*in no particular order
**Ohhhh the CRUELTY of this topic!!! ;)
***Also note, I am liking to be adding more mentally and in my commenting as I visit! LOL!
1. MARIA V. SNYDER--I loooooove Maria's books! I have been hooked ever since I picked up Poison Study! It was love at first read! ;)
2. RACHEL VINCENT--another author who I got hooked on with the first book, Stray! And I so, so remember my hesitation with this one because Borders shelved it in romance and I was all worried that it would be all romance, then I noticed that three of my fave authors at the time had quoted on it, so I took it on faith that this would be awesome! And it was!
3. KELLEY ARMSTRONG--yeah...Kelley is amazing! Love her books! The Otherworld, Darkest Powers, Darkness Rising, Cainsville, Age of Legends, and even Nadia Stafford! Love her books so completely!
4. JULIE KAGAWA--a long long long time ago, I won a contest with the newly instated Harlequin Teen and Julie's first two Iron Fey Chronicles were among the wins. And omg, we're talking yet another, love at first read! All her books have been amazing since! Though I can't say I care for those EVIL cliffhangers! ;)
5. JEANIENE FROST--this was yet another read I felt hesitant about, because again, shelved in romance. A few books I tried from romance that I thought would be paranormaly and action like, had the paranormal but the action was only in the bedroom and that frustrated me. I'm all for some romance, just not pages of it! Anyways, Halfway to the Grave was a delightful surprise and I was hooked! I even re-read this one! That's right! I was re-reading in 2007--long before Borders closed and my first RT!
6. VICTORIA LAURIE--another delightful surprise! I stumbled upon her books somehow, can't even remember how...but I thought it sounded interesting and oh wow! I was blown away! I think I was able to binge the first 4 before having to wait for book 5! And then her Ghost Hunter series is another I adore!! Also enjoyed her YA debut, When too!
7. GRETCHEN McNEIL--I love Gretchen's books! I decided to read them by chance one day...I think I got Ten at RT one year, I read it and OMG...it was freaking amazing!! I was scared but I was loving it! I guessed the murderer correctly too! So I went and read the rest of her books and found great enjoyment in them as well! So yeah...pretty much a FAN FOR LIFE!!
8. RICHELLE MEAD--naturally! She's the author who brought me back to YA! And was among my first discoveries that Paranormal YA really truly exists!! I have loved nearly everything she has written with the exception of her latest series Gameboard of the Gods, just couldn't get into it sadly.
9. MORGAN RHODES--loooooove her! This was yet another book I was like, okay, let's give this a try. People say it's good. No, it wasn't good. IT WAS FANTASTICALLY INCREDIBLY AMAZING!! Holy crap I was blown away! Love love love this series! I so can't wait for more and the spinoff! I even read one of her adult series that was vampires and mystery! It was cute! So yeah, LOVE Morgan/Michelle!
10. JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT--yeah...I like her books too. LOL! Really, words cannot describe how much I LOVE Jennifer's books! I've pretty much read everything except her NA series which runs the contemp line and I can't read contemps anymore. And I am painstakingly waiting for all the chapters of The Dead List to be up on Wattpad before reading because I need to read it all at once! It's my vice as a reader. I like 1 book at a time and I like it in whole! So yes, this wait will be torture!