Apr 7, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'Guin...? Ah yes. The spirit-possessed girl.' A half laugh. 'I cannot believe I just said that quite so casually. We do make an unlikely group, don't we? The Seeker, the thief, the ghost, and the bastard prince?'" p. 205*


*Quote comes from ARC, therefore and its page number are not final.









TITLE: Empire of Night
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: April 7, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Characters You'd Like To Check In With


*in no particular order


1. Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy by Susan Dennard--because...yeeeeeah.
2. Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine--would definitely like to see what Joanne and David are up to!
3. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout--do I need a reason to want to check up on my Daemon? I didn't think so! Of course, Jennifer has provided the occasional teaser scene that was SOOOO appreciated!


4. Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi--while I would love to check up on Juliette, I also am dying to see what another character is up to. Not mentioning names, but he was among the key characters. Though I am curious about Kenji too! (that should give you a further hint to as I want to check up on!)
5. Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa--Jackal! I am dying to see what he's up to!
6. Nocturne by Syrie James--this was a long time ago read and the ending killed a piece of me. Seriously, I've died like a thousand reader deaths already! So I'd be curious to see what the heroine was up to after the events of this one! And our hero too for that matter!


7. Hereafter Trilogy by Tara Hudson--while this one did have a sort of finite ending, I still wouldn't mind knowing what our hero and heroine are up to. 
8. The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting--yeah, I remember this ending wasn't as satisfying! I definitely wanted to know more! So definitely would like a little more insight on what the characters are up to!
9. Intertwined Series by Gena Showalter--am I shamelessly promoting this unfinished series? Why would I ever do that to such an INCREDIBLE and AMAZING series that soooooo needs to get a final book to wrap up all the characters' endings? Lots got left unanswered this one and I will make it my life's mission to see a final book to this series!! So buy buy buy! Read read read!! Review review review!!


10. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling--naturally, I'd LOVE to see what Harry and all his friends were up to! I enjoyed the epilogue to a point, but still wouldn't mind knowing more about our favorite trio and how they got to their HEA endings!






26 comments:

  1. I'm so bad at finishing up series and you have a few here I'm still working on. I did just buy books two & three of the Hereafter trilogy. I'll read the rest eventually, I promise. But, hey, Harry Potter and Co are on my list, too! Love this!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teaser- still trying to decide if I want to start this series. Lux, Ignite Me, and of course Harry Potter would be great to check in on. Haven't read the other series you mentioned yet.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other than Harry Potter, I don't think I"ve read any of these books. Love the covers, though! Enjoy!
    Today I'm featuring The Boston Girl by Anita Diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun teaser and a new book to check out. Lovely cover too.

    I've just finished two series but have a long ways to go on others. LOL

    Mt TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/07/teaser-tuesdays-109-the-publicist-by-christina-george/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that certainly is an unusual group. Sounds like an interesting read. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with Harry Potter - I know JK Rowling gave some hints about what happened to the characters, but it's not enough! I need at least ONE more book, please!
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely agree with The Body Finder series. I felt like 90% of my questions were unanswered. Was not a very satisfying ending.

    Amanda @ The Golden Mantle
    http://thegoldenmantle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list. The characters from Harry Potter seem to be very popular this week. I’d also love to know what they’re up to.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES as to Daemon!!! Did you hear about JLA's new book coming out re: him? I can't wait!!!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha You certainly don't need a reason for Daemon! :D Can't wait for the new book! :)

    Is it bad I've NEVER read the Harry Potter books? I don't think they've ever appealed to me.. Should I give them a go?

    Kerry-Ann @ http://www.abookishredhead.co.uk/2015/04/top-ten-tuesday-2-top-10-characters-id.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be starting the Lux series and Shatter Me soon. Great choices, though. I'm checking them out now to see more what they're about. I didn't know about Teaser Tuesday! I like that you combined the two. I hope you don't mind if I borrow this idea and put the two of them together like you have (after I talk to my other co-bloggers, of course!)

    Tiara @ Bibliosanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. And... I haven't read any of these except Harry Potter, but I totally agree with you on that one (obviously)!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser :) But, oh, other than Harry Potter and Shatter Me, I don't think I've read any of the others. I'll take your on it though, that they're all filled with characters worthy to be checked on :D Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha so true about Jackal! I would really love to see what he's up to.. i wish Julie Kagawa considers writing a spin off novel or series just focusing on him!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  15. The teaser is interesting. The top ten too. My Teaser this week is from a memoir of a woman growing up in the american south Under Magnolia by Frances Mayes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice teaser. I can't wait to read this one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yeah!! The Shatter Me series... Definitely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, we all secretly long for more Harry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes to Harry Potter and his crew. I think a lot of people want to catch up with them and see how they all are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Something Strange and Deadly... I still get emotional. I've LOVE to check up on everyone from Shatter Me and Harry Potter! Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a motley crew!! Great tease!
    I am reading Origin right now!! *wink*

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehehehe, that teaser was such a fun moment in the book! Great pick, Jessica!

    Oh and Jackal! I still have hopes that Julie will write a spin-off or a novella about him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. No, no you don't need any reason to want to check up on Daemon other than he's just Daemon. :) I also would like to check in with Juliette...and I was thinking Kenji was the other character you were referring to until you said he wasn't. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would want to check in with the Harry Potter characters, too. I just can't seem to get enough of HP and the wizarding world!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I cannot believe I didn't think of Juliette and you know who! That ending definitely left me wanting more! I was happy with it but I wanted more! That cover for Twisted is GORGEOUS!! I need to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahh yes! I would love to check in with the Strange & Ever After people... that ending hurt my soul!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!