Apr 2, 2015

Random Thursday

Today I have a mismash of Disney Factoids. These were basically a 1 factoid for 1 movie kind of deal, so I decided to group them all together!

  • Yen Sid, the sorcerer in Fantasia, is just Disney spelled backwards
  • Jodi Benson (Ariel) and Paige O'Hara (Belle) both have cameos in Enchanted--I knew Jodi did, but not Paige! I need to rewatch this one!! Jodi played the receptionist/assistant to Robert
  • The Beatles almost had roles in The Jungle Book! They were meant to be the voices of the vultures
  • Boo from Monsters, Inc.'s real name is Mary Gibbs--WHERE did they get that?! Shocked! :D
  • Eve from Wall-E was designed by the same ma who designed the iPod and iPhone
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is estimated to be the most expensive film ever made!! Tangled comes in at second place!--WHOA!
  • Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was originally supposed to be revealed as the hunter who shot Bambi's mom--WHOA again!
  • Dumbo is the only title character that never speaks in a film
  • Daveigh Chase who voices Lilo in Lilo and Stich is the same actress who played Samara in... The Ring aka the scariest little girl of all time--the article used those very words too! And so weird! Didn't connect that until later! LOL!
  • Joss Whedon, one of the writers on Toy Story, created the character of Rex, the nervous dinosaur!
  • Aurora is the princess with the least amount of lines and screen time in a Disney film--kind of knew that because for a good chunk of the movie she goes silent and then asleep! She doesn't even speak when she meets her parents for the first time! So weird!!!
  • Walt Disney said his favorite piece of animation is Cinderella's dress transformation--I can definitely see that!
  • The muses in Hercules were intended to be voiced by The Spice Girls--that would've been interesting!
  • Bruce the vegetarian shark from Finding Nemo was named after the animatronic shark used while filming Jaws!--confirmation! I was not positive before when I shared this factoid, now I KNOW! ;)
  • These are the only animated Disney movies where the parents are both alive and present during the film: 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Mulan, Hercules, and Sleeping Beauty--sad when you think about it.
  • Rapunzel has the largest eyes out of all the Disney princesses--yup, I can see that too. Though this was written before Frozen I believe, so I am not sure if Anna's are bigger or not, you know since Elsa is a QUEEN! ;)







6 comments:

  1. Tangled is second place? How?

    Cool factoids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about the cameos in Enchanted! That is so cool, will have to look for them next time I watch it! I could totally see the Pirates of the Caribbean; At Worlds End being the most expensive! Thanks for sharing these!

    Em @ The YA Book Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that about Rapunzel! These posts of yours are really surprising :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, so many interesting factoids!! I didn't know Joss Whedon wrote Toy Story?? I mean Firefly's and Buffy's Joss Whedon??

    ReplyDelete
  5. No clue about Joss Whedon! Coolest factoid on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Disney factoids! I knew a few of those, but most are new! Also, the voice of Pocahontas is in Enchanted as well (Susan Kahn?). She's the lady in the apartments with the three kids. And Paige O'Hara has a really small role, she's the soap opera star on the TV.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!