Apr 28, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"I never asked to spend my life with someone by my side. I was fine with loneliness, and in my own way I welcomed isolation. It was easier that way." Kindle location 1%*


*Quote comes from eARC therefore it and its location are not final.










TITLE: Savor
AUTHOR: Alyssa Rose Ivy
PUBLISHER: Self Published
GENRE: Paranormal NA

RELEASE DATE: April 30, 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is:  Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who Have Magical Abilities


*in no particular order



1. YELENA from Maria Snyder's Study Series--girl's got talent! It was expounded upon. I LOVE this series!!
2. SAVANNAH from Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld Series--true, there are lots of witches and magically talented people in this series, but Savannah was always one of my faves! Such a spunky attitude!
3. KATE from Marianne Curley's Old Magic--one of my all time faves! Kate was the quiet kind of girl in class but she wields wicked powers! And her grandmother, I believe it was, is even more powerful! So super cool!


4. LILY from Juliet Blackwell's Witchcraft Mystery Series--a naturally talented witch! Love this series and Lily's knack for solving mysteries and using her witchy ways!
5. CHLOE from Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers Trilogy--Chloe while not a witch, is still a pretty powerful nercromancer! She and all her friends are talented in their own way!
6. CLEO from Morgan Rhodes' Falling Kingdoms Series--this series is truly filled with powerful people. Cleo may not have magical abilities herself, but I feel like she's pretty powerful in her own right! Then of course, there's Lucia who is capable of magical powers!


7. MEG from Anne Bishop's Other Series--Meg is a powerful cassandra sangue. And she's also powerful in the sense that she was able to change a community of Others into accepting her, which was a pretty brave feat.
8. RACHEL MORGAN from Kim Harrison's Hollow Series--Rachel is a powerful witch, so enough said really! She makes mistakes but she owns up to them and can pretty much always set things right.
9. LAYLA from Jennifer Armentrout's Dark Elements Trilogy--Layla is powerful! So powerful people fear her. She's definitely a force to be reckoned with and I SO cannot wait for the final book!


10. EVERYONE from the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling--who to choose?! There are sooooo many characters to choose from! It's impossible!






19 comments:

  1. I've got to read and Alyssa Rose Ivy book!

    OLD MAGIC! I loved The Summoning. I need to read The Falling Kingdoms series, I've been meaning to for a long time. I have the first book but I can't find it. I think I'm going to have to buy a new copy (I'm sure I'll find mine as soon as I finish reading the new one, lol). Great list, gotta have Harry Potter on it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loneliness and isolation. I'm not particularly fond of either of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Savor so badly! Jared needs a happy ending. I love love love the Darkest Powers Trilogy!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Old Magic translated to Finnish in the library last night.... I knew I should have picked it up. I might have to go back now after seeing it on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous choices for the Top Ten Tuesday and I have to say that Savor sounds quite intriguing!

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH - I really need to read Shadow Study! I've read all the Poison Study books and loved them. MVS is such a great author! Great list!

    My Top 10 Characters Who Are Athletes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser! Not heard of that book. Out of your top ten I have only read one book..ugh. Oh well so many books so little time. :)

    Stormi
    Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I've found a few to add to my TBR pile. Very intriguing teaser, too. :-)

    Tiara @ Bibliosanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love characters with magical abilities. Obviously the characters from HP made the list. I still need to read most of them and a few in my TBR made your list.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser, and I always love your Top Tens, even though I'm too lazy to do my own, lol. Thanks for visiting my TT! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list and I have even read at least 4 of them which is always a nice bonus (means I don't have to add too many to my TBR). The Hollow Series is one of my favorite series, along with Bishop's The Others

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to finish Falling Kingdoms, but there are multiple books on this list that I need to read! I need to read Stone Cold Touch and can't wait for the third book!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely Going to Check some of these titles out, I recenty read Darker Shade of Magic, which has some awesome magical characters. Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. I like a lot of your featured books. See a few for me!
    And your teaser - She sounds like me. Kind of sad:)
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/28/teaser-tuesdays-122-unlovely-by-celeste-conway/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww... that is a little heartbreaking that tease... I need to get into that series... sigh.
    I like your top 10, gotta have Harry Potter in the mix!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. So... the only one of these I've read is Harry Potter! Haha! But I definitely love that one! XD

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Dark Elements series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved The Summoning, Kelley Armstrong is awesome and so is JLA but I've not read Armstrong's Waking the Witch and JLA's Stone Cold Touch yet, they're on my TBR list and eventually I'll make it to them lol. Nice TTT list, thank you for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Harry Potter is my favorite in the history of forever so I love seeing that on your list and I also adore The Dark Elements! Great picks

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!