Apr 21, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


"So that leaves Win. Win who was willing to break the Traveler rules on Earth when he realized I could help him. Win, who was the only one who questioned our plans after what happened to Britta. We accomplished so much before, just the two of us. It almost feels meant to be." Kindle loc. 63%*


*Quote comes from ARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final.








TITLE: The Clouded Sky
AUTHOR: Megan Crewe

PUBLISHER: Skyscape
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
RELEASE DATE: May 5, 2015






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors


*in no particular order
**Ohhhh the CRUELTY of this topic!!! ;)
***Also note, I am liking to be adding more mentally and in my commenting as I visit! LOL!


1. MARIA V. SNYDER--I loooooove Maria's books! I have been hooked ever since I picked up Poison Study! It was love at first read! ;)
2. RACHEL VINCENT--another author who I got hooked on with the first book, Stray! And I so, so remember my hesitation with this one because Borders shelved it in romance and I was all worried that it would be all romance, then I noticed that three of my fave authors at the time had quoted on it, so I took it on faith that this would be awesome! And it was!
3. KELLEY ARMSTRONG--yeah...Kelley is amazing! Love her books! The Otherworld, Darkest Powers, Darkness Rising, Cainsville, Age of Legends, and even Nadia Stafford! Love her books so completely!


4. JULIE KAGAWA--a long long long time ago, I won a contest with the newly instated Harlequin Teen and Julie's first two Iron Fey Chronicles were among the wins. And omg, we're talking yet another, love at first read! All her books have been amazing since! Though I can't say I care for those EVIL cliffhangers! ;)
5. JEANIENE FROST--this was yet another read I felt hesitant about, because again, shelved in romance. A few books I tried from romance that I thought would be paranormaly and action like, had the paranormal but the action was only in the bedroom and that frustrated me. I'm all for some romance, just not pages of it! Anyways, Halfway to the Grave was a delightful surprise and I was hooked! I even re-read this one! That's right! I was re-reading in 2007--long before Borders closed and my first RT!
6. VICTORIA LAURIE--another delightful surprise! I stumbled upon her books somehow, can't even remember how...but I thought it sounded interesting and oh wow! I was blown away! I think I was able to binge the first 4 before having to wait for book 5! And then her Ghost Hunter series is another I adore!! Also enjoyed her YA debut, When too!


7. GRETCHEN McNEIL--I love Gretchen's books! I decided to read them by chance one day...I think I got Ten at RT one year, I read it and OMG...it was freaking amazing!! I was scared but I was loving it! I guessed the murderer correctly too! So I went and read the rest of her books and found great enjoyment in them as well! So yeah...pretty much a FAN FOR LIFE!!
8. RICHELLE MEAD--naturally! She's the author who brought me back to YA! And was among my first discoveries that Paranormal YA really truly exists!! I have loved nearly everything she has written with the exception of her latest series Gameboard of the Gods, just couldn't get into it sadly.
9. MORGAN RHODES--loooooove her! This was yet another book I was like, okay, let's give this a try. People say it's good. No, it wasn't good. IT WAS FANTASTICALLY INCREDIBLY AMAZING!! Holy crap I was blown away! Love love love this series! I so can't wait for more and the spinoff! I even read one of her adult series that was vampires and mystery! It was cute! So yeah, LOVE Morgan/Michelle!


10. JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT--yeah...I like her books too. LOL! Really, words cannot describe how much I LOVE Jennifer's books! I've pretty much read everything except her NA series which runs the contemp line and I can't read contemps anymore. And I am painstakingly waiting for all the chapters of The Dead List to be up on Wattpad before reading because I need to read it all at once! It's my vice as a reader. I like 1 book at a time and I like it in whole! So yes, this wait will be torture!







27 comments:

  1. MARIA! I forgot Maria! How could I? I'm also ashamed that I forgot Richelle Mead. I LOVE Rachel Vincent so much! Awesome list of authors. Great choices!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...Win sounds like an interesting character. Btw, it's hard to list one's favorite authors. There's too many!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it is meant to be with Win and who ever is speaking.

    I am addicted to JLA, Rachel Vincent and Richelle Mead. I am not ashamed to admit it either.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd have to add JLA to my list because I've liked everything I've read from her, so that'd totally be a reason to be in the list, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Clouded Sky has such an intense cover. Very eye catching. Thanks for sharing that tease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like we enjoy a lot of the same authors. Says something about their wonderful writing!
    I enjoyed your teaser and the cover is stunning. I've been reading a lot of science fiction recently.
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/21/teaser-tuesdays-111-constricted-by-bejjajcampbell-review-free-book/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So crazy how all of these authors except Julie Kagawa are completely new-to-me. And I haven't actually read Kagawa; I've just heard of her! So nice that we readers can be so diverse.

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Julie Kagawa!! She made my list too! I just love her! I have yet to read The Immortal Rules series, but I do plan to get around to it. Cool list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read one of these authors... and she wasn't for me, unfortunately. At least, I didn't really care for Obsidian. I am DYING to read Ten though!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! Kelley, Richelle and Julie made my list too.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of your favorites I have heard of, read one book of, or have one on my shelf that needs read..lol. :)

    Stormi
    Tuesday memes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta agree with Julie Kagawa and JLA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read books by any of the authors mentioned in your post this week, so I now have a few new authors to explore!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list of authors! Interesting teaser too. I will be eager to see what you think of the book when you are finished. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge fan of Kawaga and Mead, of course. Great list. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been seeing a lot of these same authors by other fantasy fans today. Awesome picks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Julie Kagawa, Richelle Mead, and JLA!! I still need to finish Falling Kingdoms! It's been pushed to the side since I have a bunch of library books...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need to try Maria V Snyder! I know how much you love her :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've STILL got Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy on my TBR list! I'm looking forward to getting around to reading it and I'm so glad to have seen Mead on so many favorite author lists today! Very encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to read Morgan Rhodes books, I think I have one of them. I agree with a lot of your top 10!!
    Great tease as well! New book for me.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your teaser made me very curious, Jessica, and I love your list of top ten authors... Richelle and Julie would definitely be on mine, too!
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great list, you've got a lot of talented writers on there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Poison study is amazing! I'm glad you loved it so much!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a great tease, Jessica. You have me really curious about The Clouded Sky now! As for your list of favorite authors, you get 5 YES's from me. The other 5 I haven't met yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous choices, our tastes in books are often so similar.... you have so many authors that I have soft spots for too!

    Thea @  Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhhh love your list! I adore JLA and Rachel Vincent and Richelle Mead is high on my list too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!