Apr 14, 2015

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://adailyrhythm.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"Then I took a deep breath, and slowly eased my hand into the narrow gap. My pulse throbbed loud in my ears, my breath coming faster and faster as I eased my arm deeper into the tomb." Kindle loc. 36%*


*Quote comes from eARC, therefore it and its page location are not final.










TITLE: Hidden Huntress
AUTHOR: Danielle L. Jensen
PUBLISHER: Angry Robot
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: June 2, 2015





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books


*in no particular order
**okay, so not all of these will be "inspiring". I don't always note quotes when I read. I've been trying to snap pictures of them, to better remember the ones I liked. Here are the 7 from my cell's photo album. Really I'd say most are inspiring, one is funny, and the last two are bookish, so those are totally inspiring in some light! Or just totally fun!

1. "Fear is a seed that, once planted, never stops growing."
2. "Someday we will be more than words in the dark."
3. "'Even the strongest blizzard starts with a single snowflake.'"


4. "The Unseelie King's library! 'Holy borrowing bibliophile, let's book!'"


5. "'There is always light,' Morgan said quietly. 'The stars are always shining, even if we can't see them.'"


6. "She was fond of books. They were an escape from responsibilities,"
7. "Echo looked around at her sea of tomes, and a single word came to mind: Tsundoku. It was the Japanese word for letting books pile up without reading them all."


Because I didn't have any more on my phone, I looked to Goodreads for help! And oh boy! There were a LOT!!!

8. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” 


9. “We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” 
10. “Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”







28 comments:

  1. Nice tease- what does she find in the tomb? Love quotes 4 and 6!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser!! Loved the list of quotes as well. I liked #2 and #4 especially. (Also, I didn't know there was a word for letting books pile up without reading them! LOL I'll have to remember that one!) Here's my TT for this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-tuesdays-april-14-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the quote on Iced. I absolutely adore the fever series

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love #6! So true! I love how hopeful all of these are. I'll definitely have to add The Girl of Midnight to my TBR. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great Teaser. I like the way the author builds suspense. Beautiful book cover too.
    My Tuesday post features AN UNHOLY ALLIANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent quotes, and wow, that teaser definitely made me interested!

    Tiara @ Bibliosanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. That HP quote may be my favorite ever. Nevil Longbottom - hero. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE those quotes from The Girl at Midnight. One of my favorite books as of late! Echo was such an amazing character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEK on sticking your hand into a creepy tomb and not knowing what to expect! Great tease. I love all of these quotes :D I especially like the one about loving books to escape responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooh, all great quotes! And that one from The Girl At Midnight about accumulating books without reading? I need that one framed for my library room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I know tsundoku very well! I need to read The Girl at Midnight. I love the quotes from Snow Like Ashes. Great choices!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the ones you picked from Harry Potter, Divergent, and Snow Like Ashes. I'm glad to hear The Girl at Midnight had good quotes, that's my next read. Great picks!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to Goodreads for help too haha!
    I love your Harry Potter quote, I have a few myself on my list.
    Lauren @ http://myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2015/04/teaser-and-top-ten-tuesday-14-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like The Girl at Midnight quotes. And of course the Divergent ones too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice teaser and nice quotes too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder what she'll find. Love that cover art!
    And what an awesome line up of books!
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/04/14/teasers-tuesdays-110-shelf-life-the-publicist-book-two/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't love Snow Like Ashes as much as I had hoped I would, but those quotes are really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the HP quote! I haven't read The Girl at Midnight yet, but I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could have used quote 8 today in my classroom. I'll be using it as a teaching lesson during our anti-bullying program later this week!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the tease, hope nothing bites her!!
    The quotes are great too, love Ethan's one in particular *wink*

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the tease, hope nothing bites her!!
    The quotes are great too, love Ethan's one in particular *wink*

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, she certainly sounds game. I'm not sure I could place my hand inside a tomb where I can't see. Nice tease.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh I like the sound of Hidden Huntress and I like the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome quotes, Jessica! They were all a pleasure to read, and I enjoyed this post.

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is quite a suspenseful tease, Jessica! ;) I really want to know what happens next.

    I love your quotes, too. Good books to draw inspiration from. :) Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, that number eight quote! It's so profound, and true. It's hard standing up to friends when they are crossing boundaries. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh that HP quote is one of my favorites! And the Divergent one too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!