Apr 6, 2015

ARC Review--The Wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan

For fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen series comes the exciting conclusion to the trilogy that includes The Beautiful and the Cursed and The Lovely and the Lost. The Waverly sisters must save themselves before all is lost.

Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power grow strong enough to extend beyond her Underneath hive. By all indications, the fallen angel's Harvest is near-and the timing couldn't be worse.

Targeted by vengeful gargoyles, Gabby has been exiled to London for her own protection. Meanwhile, the gargoyle castes are in disarray, divided between those who want Luc to lead them and those who resent him and his fondness for humans. The Alliance is crumbling from the inside as well, its members turning against one another, and possibly against the Waverlys, too.

Axia has promised that the world will burn. And now, unable to trust the Alliance, separated from Luc, Gabby, and her twin, Grayson, Ingrid is left to face the demon uprising alone.


I received this ARC from the author in a contest won on her blog, I was in no way compensated for this review.


I was positively ecstatic to have won Page Morgan's The Wondrous and the Wicked! Not only had I read The Lovely and the Lost as a wayy early ARC, but I was having a crummy week at the time of winning, so this definitely made me smile! And what a read it was! I loved it! 

In the past few years, I have developed a love for gargoyles. No clue why. Think it was that I saw a gargoyle statue and fell in love with it and then suddenly I'm finding books about them, and it was just the perfect timing! The Dispossessed Trilogy was an exciting and heartfelt one too! I was so engrossed with the characters and feeling for them, it was astounding!

We have reached the end of this journey, a lot has happened and a lot is about to happen for Ingrid and her family. Grayson is still missing, Gabby has been sent away after the cataclysmic events she was apart of, and Ingrid finds herself at the center of Axia's attention. She has Axia's blood running through her veins and Axia wants it back!

If dealing with one demon wasn't enough, Vincent is giving Luc hell for his infatuations with Ingrid and pretty much wants wreak havoc and doom over the two of them. Two incredibly powerful enemies in this story was a sight to see. Yet, they never team up ironically. 

I truly love the characters in this trilogy, they were my favorite part. I can't believe how much I missed seeing them and returning to them was blessed sight! Gabby and Nolan have been my favorite by far, and I still can't figure out why! I guess I love Nolan's accent and how he seems like he wouldn't be the friendliest of fellas, but with Gabby, he melts! And I'm the gushy sort of person who melts when reading that kind of romance! 

Of course, then there's Ingrid's love predicament. Both Vander and Luc are vying for her heart and Ingrid finds herself with feelings for both. But what is nice about this love triangle is, that the answer has always been clear! At least to me it was. Perhaps I would say differently if I binged read the trilogy, but I doubt it!

This was an exciting read too! Very well paced where I was kept on my toes! And since I read it during yet another crummy week, I was itching to see how it all turned out! I couldn't read fast enough and life kept getting in my way and throwing curve ball after curve ball! But I digress. The pacing was superb, the characters were astounding, and the romance was spine tingling...this amounts to one amazing, thrilling, must-have-now read!!

The ending to this trilogy was full of surprises! One occurrence I was not expecting that just left me speechless! I was stunned! Utterly and completely stunned! And yet there was another event that I had a wonder of how things would turn out and started making my speculations and was quite surprised when they panned out! It was sweet and amazing and oh how I loved it! The Dispossessed Trilogy was epically amazing and I urge you all to read it...especially because, GARGOYLES!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars



The Wondrous and the Wicked releases April 14, 2015






3 comments:

  1. I've never read anything about gargoyles before! Did you ever watch that show as a kid? I think it was called Gargoyles, actually... Anyway, this is the first I've heard of this series but it sounds awesome!! I'm glad you loved it and I'll definitely be checking it out.

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOORAY!! I'm so super happy to hear about how much you loved it because I cannot wait to get my preorder!!
    Great review Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooooooooove. I loved this book so much! Usually there is one book in a series that I like more than the others, but, not so with this series! I loved them all. So glad you enjoyed this series, Jessica!

    Awesome review :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!