Apr 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

A year ago Hurricane Josephine swept through Savannah, Georgia, leaving behind nothing but death and destruction — and taking the life of Dovey's best friend, Carly. Since that night, Dovey has been in a medicated haze, numb to everything around her.

But recently she's started to believe she's seeing things that can't be real ... including Carly at their favorite cafe. Determined to learn the truth, Dovey stops taking her pills. And the world that opens up to her is unlike anything she could have imagined.

As Dovey slips deeper into the shadowy corners of Savannah — where the dark and horrifying secrets lurk — she learns that the storm that destroyed her city and stole her friend was much more than a force of nature. And now the sinister beings truly responsible are out to finish what they started.

Dovey's running out of time and torn between two paths. Will she trust her childhood friend Baker, who can't see the threatening darkness but promises to never give up on Dovey and Carly? Or will she plot with the sexy stranger, Isaac, who offers all the answers — for a price? Soon Dovey realizes that the danger closing in has little to do with Carly ... and everything to do with Dovey herself.


Yes. I've read this book already and Yes I own the hardcover, but look at this awesome paperback! It's SO different and I find myself needing it!!

TITLE: Servants of the Storm
AUTHOR: Delilah S. Dawson
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: June 2, 2015



With each passing day, Kelsea Glynn is growing into her new responsibilities as Queen of the Tearling. By stopping the shipments of slaves to the neighboring kingdom of Mortmesne, she crossed the Red Queen, a brutal ruler whose power derives from dark magic, who is sending her fearsome army into the Tearling to take what is hers. And nothing can stop the invasion.

But as the Mort army draws ever closer, Kelsea develops a mysterious connection to a time before the Crossing, and she finds herself relying on a strange and possibly dangerous ally: a woman named Lily, fighting for her life in a world where being female can feel like a crime. The fate of the Tearling —and that of Kelsea’s own soul—may rest with Lily and her story, but Kelsea may not have enough time to find out. 



I still need to read the first book, but it's one of those ones that I have high hopes for! I am hoping I prove correct when I enjoy The Queen of the Tearling and enjoy the sequel as well!


TITLE: Invasion of the Tearling
AUTHOR: Erika Johansen
PUBLISHER: Harper
GENRE: Dystopian/Fantasy?--struggle to genrize since I still need to read book 1!
RELEASE DATE: June 9, 2015




From master of suspense Paula Morris comes a tale of gods and goddesses, thrilling romance, and mystery set in present-day Rome.

Laura Martin is visiting Rome on a class trip, and she's entranced by the majestic Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon. . . . Everything in this city seems magical.

That is, until the magic seems to turn very dark.

Suddenly, statues of Cupid and ancient works of art come to life before her eyes. Earthquakes rumble and a cloud of ash forms in the sky. A dark-eyed boy with wings on his heels appears and gives her a message. Laura soon realizes she is at the center of a brewing battle -- a battle between the gods and goddesses, one that will shake modern-day Rome to its core.

Only she and her group of friends can truly unravel the mystery behind what is happening. As tensions mount and secret identities are revealed, Laura must rely on her own inner strength to face up to what may be a fight for her life.

Acclaimed author Paula Morris brings the ancient world to vivid life in this unstoppable tale of friendship, love, and the power of the past.


This just sounds incredible! I am a huge fan of Greek mythology and since Roman mythology derived from it, this book pretty much fits the bill! So yes, I SO cannot wait to read this one!


TITLE: The Eternal City
AUTHOR: Paula Morris
PUBLISHER: Point/Scholastic, Inc.
GENRE: Mythology YA

RELEASE DATE: May 26, 2015






 

27 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with any of these authors or titles. Hope you enjoy all these books when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Servants of the Storm and surprisingly, I don't own it yet, so I'll definitely be picking up that sweet paperback! I still need to read The Queen of the Tearling, I'll get to it eventually. YES! Roman mythology...sign me up! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either of these books, Jessica, but they all sound good in different ways. I think I'd really enjoy Servants of the Storm!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these. Eternal City looks awesome. Not so sure about the other two. Now you have me looking up more books- my bank account doesn't like you sometimes Jessica. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. All look interesting. I still need to read Queen of the Tearling though. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Queen of the Tearling and I'm super excited to read Invasion! Great pick Jessica!
    And yes it's a mix of historical fantasy with dystopian fantasy if there's such a thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not heard of any of these before and they all sound good especially The Eternal City. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All 3 of these are new to me. I had to laugh at you wanting a book you already have just because of the cover! I hope you enjoy reading the other 2 books. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Eternal City really caught my eye. I love mythology stories and this one sounds like it might have a touch of that in it. I've added it to my list. Great pick!!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't recognize any of these books, I'll have to check them out!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. all new to me but sounds like a great pick. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't heard of any of these before but it does sound exciting! Thank you for putting it under my radar, I hope you enjoy these reads once it comes out - great picks<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh nice, these are all authors/titles I know of but haven't heard of these books/read their previous books in the series yet. I hope you enjoy though!

    Also, your comments on my blog keep going to the moderation queue, but I just wanted you to know they do show up on the post eventually and we do appreciate them! Thanks for your patience :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, that paperback is fantastic for Servants of the Storm. Haven't yet read it though! And I haven't read The Queen of the Tearling yet either and despite the reviews (I've read a lot of bad ones) I'm still convinced I need to give it a shot. Great picks! :)

    Bonnie @ For the Love of Words

    ReplyDelete
  15. The paperback of Servants of the Storm looks SO different! I have the hardcover and it's gorgeous, but this one is interesting too! I still haven't read it... soon!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had only heard of the second before, but they all look great! The third especially, I can definitely see why you are excited to read that one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of book three, hated book one, and have book two... I hope you enjoy these books when you read them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some good picks there! I hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so interested in The Eternal City! Excited to see it on your list! :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't heard of the Eternal City. It looks really good. Guess I need to move the first Tearling Book up the ladder. Great picks.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, three great reads... I haven't heard of them before, but you have me intrigued!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. oohh. the paperback cover of Servants of the Storm looks really great. and I really need to read The Queen of the Tearling. I've been reading great things about it. Great picks, Jessica! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still also want to read The Queen of the Tearling. The other two also sound interesting. I also love Greek myths and the cover for The Eternal City is very pretty. Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't wait to read the Invasion of the Tearling, I have the first book but I haven't read it yet. But I will before the second book comes out :) The Eternal City sounds great as well, will be adding it to my TBR list too. Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the cover on The Eternal City. So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. All of these books sound pretty good :) I haven't read any of Erika Johansen's books and Servants of the Storm is one I might check out. Thanks for sharing and I sorry I took so long to comment back!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!