Apr 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




Romantic and action-packed, The Replaced is the gripping second installment in the Taking trilogy.

Kyra hasn't been the same since she returned from her mysterious five-year disappearance. Now, on the run from the NSA, Kyra is forced to hide out with others who, like her, have been Returned. Yet she is determined to find Tyler, the boy she loves who was also abducted—all because of her. When her group intercepts a message that Tyler might still be alive but is in the hands of a shadowy government organization that experiments on the Returned, Kyra knows it's a risk to go after him. What if it's a trap? And worse, what if the returned Tyler isn't the same boy she lost?

Perfect for fans of The Fifth Wave and the Body Finder series, The Replaced is both chilling and explosive, with creepy, otherworldly elements and twisty, psychological thrills that will have you questioning what exactly it means to be human.


SOOOOO cannot wait to read this one! Loved The Taking and looking forward to seeing this trilogy progress! Love Kimberly's books! She's just made of awesomeness!!

TITLE: The Replaced
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA

RELEASE DATE: April 28, 2015  



Perfect for fans of If I Stay or Imaginary Girls, Dust to Dust is the mysterious, thoughtful, and poignant sequel to Melissa Walker's haunting and heartbreaking novel Ashes to Ashes.

When Callie McPhee miraculously recovers from a tragic accident that should have taken her life, she thought her connection to the ghost world would be severed forever. And that she would never see Thatcher—the ghost she fell in love with in the hereafter—again. But when she receives unexpected signs from Thatcher, she's led down a dark road toward the angry souls who once tried to steal her soul's energy for another chance at life.

Now Callie must prevent the real world and the spirit world from colliding, and that could mean saying good-bye to people she'd never imagined she'd lose.






I still need to read Ashes to Ashes, but I am still looking forward to this one! Ghost "stories" are one of my faves!!

TITLE: Dust to Dust
AUTHOR: Melissa C. Walker
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
GENRE: Paranormal YA

RELEASE DATE: May 5, 2015 






 

33 comments:

  1. I really want to read both of these....and I still need to read the FIRST in their series! I'm running out of time for both! Great picks!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started either of these series. I liked the Body Finder so I might give The Taking a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to read The Replaced like yesterday. What is going to happen to Tyler? Can Kira get to him in time? Haven't read the second series yet- will of course be waiting on your review of it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read The Taking and it is in my Kindle library but I am quite excited about the sequel too! Hopefully soon!

    Great picks Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I am So super excited to read The Replaced. The Taking was SO good. I can't wait to see where the story will go next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dust to Dust sounds good. i have not read the first though. great choices

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these series but they do sound interesting. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these look good but I haven't heard of either series before now! I'll definitely have to check them out! :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both books are new to me this week, but I hope you enjoy them when they come out! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dust to Dust sounds and looks amazing! I guess I should read the first one though before I start Dust to Dust haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started either of these series. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks this week. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have The Replaced to review this month, I didn't love the first one but I liked it and I am interested in seeing what happens next. :)

    Stormi
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choices! I'll need to read both series! Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Dust to Dust sounds awesome! Great picks as always!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed Replaced, so great pick, and hope you get a chance to read them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These both look really great, I'm so behind with books at the moment!
    New follower!
    Hope you visit my WoW: http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/www-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of either of those books, but they sound great! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! I'm stoked for this one as well. I read The Taking right when it came out last year and I want more!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I've heard of The Taking, but I can't picture it at the moment. I'm going to have to go look into it to refresh my memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not heard of wither of these, but that cover for Dust to Dust is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So with you on the Kimberly Derting book! Love her and love this series. Good picks.

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to read this series. I got to meet her last year, and she's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read The Taking yet, but I loved Kimberly Derting's other books! I haven't read Ashes to Ashes either :-(
    Hope you enjoy these once you get your hands on them!
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    Em @ The YA Book Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed The Replaced but not as much as the first book. Dust to Dust is new to me and sounds great!

    Great WoWs! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't read either of these series but I hope you enjoy them! I'll definitely try to pick up Ashes to Ashes though. ;)

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was ehhhh about The Taking... I'll be giving away The Replaced on my blog soon. I hope you enjoy this one when you read it, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't read The Taking yet but I am going to! I've loved most of Kimberly Derting's books so I'm excited to read it :) As for the other one, I think I've heard of it but haven't read it. I hope you enjoy both when they release and thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  29. I skipped over the descriptions because I haven't read either series and loathe spoilers. But the cover of The Replaced is gorgeous.

    Love your blog's artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read Ashes to Ashe as well. I'm curious now :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't read the first books to either of these, but I've been meaning too!! Great picks this week, Jessica!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am really looking forward to The Replaced as well! The Taking was so good and the ending killed me.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are both new to me. Great picks! Hope you enjoy them!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!