Dec 8, 2017

Graphic Novel Review--Prodigy: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu & Leigh Dragoon Ill. by Kaari

The second book in the best-selling Legend trilogy comes to life in this vibrant graphic novel adaptation.

After escaping from the Republic's stronghold, Day and June are on the run in Vegas when the country learns that their Elector Primo has died and his son has stepped in to take his place. They meet up with the rebel stronghold of the Patriots—a large organization straddling the line between the Republic and its warring neighbor, the Colonies—and learn about an assassination plot against the Elector. Using threats and blackmail to get what he wants, the Patriots' leader, Razor, convinces June to let herself be captured by Republic soldiers so she can win over the Elector and feed him a decoy assassination plan. But when June realizes that the new Elector is nothing like his father, she must work with Day to try to stop the Patriots' plot before Razor can fulfill his own devastating plans.



The best thing about graphic novels are how fast they read! In fact, I did a quick re-read of the first Legend: The Graphic Novel before diving into Prodigy: The Graphic Novel! I’ve gotta say I looooove what Leigh Dragoon and Kaari have done to Marie’s story! I find myself remembering bits and pieces of the actual book as I read. Granted, there may be something missing, I read it so long ago that I can’t really say. But the meat of the story is there!

Day and June are on the run from the Republic. They are wanted for crimes they didn’t commit. Day watched his brother die in his place, while his younger brother Eden, is still being held prisoner within. They meet up with Kaede and join a resistance group. One that plans on assassinating the new Elector. Only something isn’t quite right. June suspects there is something else going on, for the new Elector, Anden isn’t all that bad.

The best part about having such a cruddy memory is that I can still be taken by surprise of the events of already read books! This story was quite thrilling and exciting! I loved every moment of it! The artwork is definitely one of my favorites! Kaari has some seriously amazing skills! Everything is so detailed and precise. I’m not much of a comic book or graphic novel reader but I seem to be lucky enough to find some pretty amazing ones to read and see!

If you’ve yet to read these amazing graphic novels, I highly recommend them! They are quick and fast reads but still totally enjoyable! They tell the story we all already know pretty well all things considered. One always expects to see something cut or changed, but again, I have a bad memory for these things, I can remember some of the bigger details and whatnot. In lieu of that factoid, I’d say this one was pretty perfect in keeping true to the novel! I cannot wait to read Champion: The Graphic Novel next! This is a great way to revisit a favorite series in a shorter manner! I truly loved everything about it!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars




 

1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!