Dec 19, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"I knew I'd get the agent's attention eventually, but his expression when I mentioned the garden didn't quite go as planned. Instead of a dawning of understanding lighting his features, he turned a lovely shade of purple. I'd never seen that particular hue on a person before and wondered if I could get a picture without him noticing. For research purposes." p 77









 

TITLE: The Curse of the Tenth Grave
AUTHOR: Darynda Jones
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: June 28, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


 
This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings 



*in no particular order
**didn't really have too many books on my list this year, so some/most of these picks will be based on true Santa magic!! Like seriously, legit SANTA MAGIC!!


10. HARRY POTTER & THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS (ILLUSTRATED) by J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay--so I have yet to really decide if I need to have all the Harry Potter illustrated editions. Perhaps if I knew without a doubt that all 7 will be made I might consider it, but man books 4 & 5 will be MASSIVE! 6 & 7 somewhat too!
9. HARRY POTTER & THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN (ILLUSTRATED) by J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay--currently I just own the super special edition of the first book illustrated! I don't think they made those for all the books in the US. I know I saw them in the UK but told myself no at the time! Lol!
8. THE DARK CALLING by Kresley Cole--this one is slated to release in January, but it STILL doesn't say what day. Nor is there a description and it's driving me bonkers! And a tad worried! I NEED to know that this book is coming!! ASAP!!!



7. ELEVENTH GRAVE IN MOONLIGHT by Darynda Jones--true, I already have this book, but it has this HUGE UGLY IRREMOVABLE sticker-like THING on the cover! It's hideous! It's right on top of the boot so you essentially can't see that the toe is rounded! Charley would be furious! So I'd like to have a hardcover copy that isn't "SIGNED" purely so I can have a normal hardcover with a normal and gorgeously unmarred cover! Yes. I realize how insane I sound! :D
6. TRULY DEVIOUS by Maureen Johnson--let's move onto an impossible wish for Santa. Well, not like extremely impossible, but more improbable? I cannot wait to read Maureen's newest book! It's been ages since I read her Shades of London series!
5. THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black--I am SO excited for Holly to be returning to the fae again! For the life of me I couldn't get into her Cursebreaker series and haven't really read much from her since her Tithe days (not including my re-read!). So I am stoked that she's writing about faeries again! If Santa wants to drop off an early copy he'll get no complaints from me!


4. MOONLIGHT SINS by Jennifer L. Armentrout--since we're handing out early copies Santa, I'd LOVE an early copy of this one since it's by one of my most fave authors! Thanks!
3. THE PRINCESS BRIDE (Deluxe Edition) by William Goldman--this one's actually out and on my bday/xmas list so we shall have to wait and see if I get it! I saw it at the store and it was just soooo pretty! I thought I could get it for admiring purposes since I have a battered copy already! Lol!
2. IMMORTAL REIGN by Morgan Rhodes--back to Santa magic and delivering early copies, I'd like to add this one because OMG I NEEDZ IT!!!! Normally it would've released this week as all the past books released in my birthday week, that I couldn't treat myself to this one this year saddened me. Cannot wait til February, so yeah, Santa, feel free to drop this one off before all other early copies! ;)


1. INTERTWINED #4 by Gena Showalter--okay Santa, here's where you bring your A Game to the show! I've longed for this book since the third one ended eons ago. Gena said there would be no book, then there would be one, self published, and now it's looking back to there will never be a book. She wrote an explanation as to how she envisioned the book going, but alas, I still have questions...like his remaining spirits in his head? Did they ever get to move on or did they stay with Aden for the rest of his days?! It's madness, pure madness (the feels and questions that plague me still to this day!)!! So Santa here's where you don't pull any punches and bring me THIS book! I will forget all the rest on my list if you just bring this one to life! True life in book format!!






18 comments:

  1. Great list! The Illustrated HP books are on my wishlist as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, santa can always gift you pre-orders. 😝 I am excited for Johnson new book, so I hope one of us reads it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Santa to leave the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I wish it wasn't to expensive...

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Santa delivers. The Harry Potter books are truly gorgeous. They are so expensive though which is why I add them to my Christmas list each year. So far, Santa has pulled through. I think it's great marketing to release them before Christmas each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Fantastic Beasts illustrated book at my local bookstore the other day and browsed through it. It was so beautiful! But I still would prefer to get the other illustrated books in the Harry Potter series. A History of Magic looked gorgeous too. I just LOVE Jim Kay’s style and how intricate they are. It was just the new addition we needed to the Harry Potter fandom! It certainly enhances the experience, and it is so worth it.
    I a fangirling so much about The Cruel Prince. I need that book!

    My TTT: https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/12/19/Blogmas-19-Books-I-Want-My-Future-Children-To-Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh The Princess Bride- what a great gift idea. Would love to have that book. Hope you get all these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good list!! I hope you receive all the books you want this year. Happy holidays!!

    Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the Harry Potter illustrated books are on everyone's wishlist, but honestly who can blame us?! They are so pretty they make my little reader heart cry!
    My TTT: http://mymusicalbooks.blogspot.be/2017/12/ten-books-i-want-to-see-under-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple? Interesting color. I like your list and hope Santa is good to you. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they will illustrate all the HPs. It's a huge undertaking, but it's a HUGE moneymaker. Think about how many HP fans there are all around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope these books arrive down the chimney for you, Jessica:). I like the sound of your TT. My offering this week is an apocalyptic adventure by a surprising author... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/teaser-tuesday-19th-december-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not familiar with many of your books, but I hope that Santa brings them. I hate (but secretly love it) when I finish a book and want to read the next in the series but must wait FOREVER until it comes out! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Intertwined #4! I waited for that thing for so long before she said it wasn't going to happen. Her summary of what she said would happen in book four sounds awful! I'm almost glad she's never going to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to get those illustrated HP books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/top-ten-tuesday-138/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice for your teaser and some wonderful books too. I spy a couple I want to read.

    My TT from The Dark Man

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love Santa to bring Illustrated Harry Potters. I hope you get all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your list to Santa. Those Harry Potter books would be on my wishlist too.

    Here's my teaser tuesday post: http://nishitak.com/2017/12/19/teaser-tuesdays-miss-laila-armed-dangerous/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those illustrated Harry Potter books are gorgeous! And I am so looking forward to The Cruel Prince! If you like Holly Black faeries you have to read The Darkest Part of the Forest, its awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!