Dec 13, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.

And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.


Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.

In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.


Super excited for this one!! Loved Holly's early faery books so this one sounds like the read for me! Plus...Holly is coming to ST. LOUIS!! So excited to meet her since she had to cancel on the event from last month!


AUTHOR: Holly Black
PUBLISHER: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 2, 2018


WELCOME TO ALPHAVILLE, where the she-wolves and alpha-males play. . .for keeps.

Renny Landry is a wolf on the run. Pursued by a shapeshifting stalker and his slobbering pack of killer coyotes, she is forced to flee her job as a librarian to find sanctuary in the wooded hills of Alpha, Washington. A well-secluded safe space for troubled shifters, Alpha is Renny’s last hope. But the first person she meets there is a gorgeous alpha male with fiery eyes, fierce tattoos, and one ferocious appetite—for her…

Mick Fischer thought he left his past behind when he moved to Alpha. But fate has a way of biting him in the tail when a female wolf shows up on his property. Wounded, desperate—and disarmingly hot—Renny brings out the snarling, protective alpha beast in Mick like no other woman he’s known. Can these two haunted, hunted wolves manage to mate for life…even as the deadliest past demons howl at their heels?


I am soooooo behind on Christine's books! I still need to read the last half of the Others books AND her entire Gargoyle series! But this is one I would like to read as well! Just add it to my list! LOL!


TITLE: Baby, I'm Howling for You
AUTHOR: Christine Warren
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Press
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
RELEASE DATE: January 30, 2018





 

12 comments:

  1. Yes for The Cruel Prince!!! I can't wait to read this amazing book! I love Holly Black! GREAT picks! 💋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great picks! I really want to read the Cruel Prince too!

    Here’s my WoW !

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL. I'm almost done with The Cruel Prince and it is killing me, SOOO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big YES to reading The Cruel Prince! Although, I don't need another series to read, but whatever. Too many books, not enough time. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks this week, Jessica. Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen SO MUCH hype around Cruel Prince, but I am just so meh about Holly Black in general. :/ I hope you love it though!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about the second one, but I'm pretty excited about The Cruel Prince!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Cruel Prince is on my TBR, but I just don't know if I'm really into Holly's fae books. I couldn't read her Tithe trilogy, but I LOVED her Curseworkers series. Maybe someday I'll pick this one up...

    I hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on it! And super cool that you get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got The Cruel Prince recently and I'm curious about it! I've seen a lot of excitement for it. :D I hope you enjoy these two when you get the chance to read them!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a single Holly Black book but I so need to! I've heard such good things!

    Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for The Cruel Prince too! It sounds so amazing and Holly Black writes amazing fae!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Have a nice reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!