Dec 5, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Dead me belowdecks, sightless eyes, bloody chests. The whispers excitedly remind me of what had happened on the ship. Dead men, dead men." p 171














TITLE: The Rose Society
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHER: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 13, 2015 




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Bookish Settings I'd Love to Visit


*in no particular order


10. NEVERLAND--despite already being a grownup I don't want to be one! Lol! 
9. WONDERLAND--it might be mad but I always thought it would be a pretty cool place to explore!
8. CARAVAL--wherever it may be at the time of course! It's a scary game but I can't help but want to experience it as well! Reading has obviously made me lose all sense of my mind!


7. THE HOLLOWS--hanging out with Rachel, Jenks, Ivy, and Trent would be AWESOME! Get some Piscary's Pizza and just hang out! I'd love this!!
6. KETTERDAM--yeah...I'm thinking only this just because I'd want to hang with Kaz and crew. I'll be their seventh crow! Lol.
5. DOON--a magical kingdom hidden within Scotland? Hell yeah!


4. MYTICA--I'd pretty much want to go all over the place here!
3. SITIA--I chose this country only because magic isn't banned! And you know, it might be less dangerous. Maybe. Probably not!
2. THE NIGHT COURT--I mean what other court would there be?


1. HOGWARTS--because duh! Lol! Plus Hogsmeade and every other inch of this magical world! I want to see it ALL!!







20 comments:

  1. I had Wonderland and Caraval on my list as well, but I wish I had Neverland too! There were so many places I visited in fantasy books that captivated me in my youth, though I wish I had included a few fictional contemporary places, because I have encountered many I loved. As for the Night Court, I found it intimidating, but I included Velaris on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Doon is a very uplifting book, and since it is set in Scotland, now I'm even more excited to read it! Similarly to Caraval (although I haven't read that yet either), I chose The Night Circus from Erin Morgenstern's book. I LOVE circus books!
    OMGGG I need to visit Ketterdam!! Great List!

    My TTT: https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/12/05/Top-Ten-Bookish-Settings-I%E2%80%99d-Love-To-Visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes I mean who wouldn't want to go to Hogwarts? !! I love everything about it! And SO agree about Caraval...that book was so magical and beautifully written and I absolutely would play the game.😍 And lose but whatever.😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover for The Rose Society. Sounds like a good one...along with the rest of them.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to visit Neverland if only because I have a slight obsession with Captain Hook! I personally think Peter was an evil little fella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hollows! I love that series and Rachel is my kind of witch. Jenks and his kids though, that'd be the best reason to visit!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great settings. I've never read anything by Lu and been curious about her. Love that cover! This week I have Bury the Past by James L'Etoile from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep meaning to read the Doon series. I've heard it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neverland would be amazing! And Caraval sounds fabulous too- haven't read it yet but it sounds like it would be an awesome place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I own Doon but I haven't gotten around to it. I hear it's great! And of course, Harry Potter is on the list! :D Mytica is a great one! Wish I had thought of it, along with Neverland!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. THE NIGHT COURT!!!! I think Ketterdam would stress me out too much. Too many murders. Heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everyone is picking Harry Potter, and that is a definite YES! Great picks!
    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo! I didn't think about Neverland. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderland! That would be the best vacation destination ever.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This list is amazing!! I also picked the Night Court/Velaris and a few others on your list! Great minds?

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caraval, The Night Court and Hogwarts were all on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/top-ten-tuesday-136/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd definitely want to visit Hogwarts and Neverland!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hogwartsss yessss! And I would so love to visit The Night Court too! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!