Dec 28, 2017

Review--Infinityglass by Myra McEntire

No time like the present.
No time in the present.
No time left.


From the moment the Hourglass group violated the rules of the space time continuum to rescue a murdered loved one, time has been in flux. People from other centuries slide into our time, intruding into our space, threatening our world.

Frantically seeking a way to turn back this tide, the Hourglass begins a search for the legendary Infinityglass, tracking it to the city of New Orleans, a place where the past rests easily with the present.

Quiet, reliable Dune, the group's favourite geek, is selected to travel to the Crescent City and somehow retrieve the renowned object.

But there's a problem.

Because the Infinityglass is not an object, it's a person.

A beautiful, headstrong dancer named Hallie, a girl so enticing Dune can't take his eyes off her.

And time is not on her side.


I finally finally read Myra McEntire's Infinityglass! It's been eons since I last read the first two books of this trilogy and there was no recaps of those to be read since the series is rather old. This final book is already over four years old. Diving into a series finale like this practically blind was a challenge. Luckily, I do remember that the first two books all dealt with different characters, same group of people and whatnot so it worked a little in my favor except that I pretty much knew nothing about these people.

Hallie has a unique set of talents that make her pretty special. Naturally, she doesn't realize how special she is exactly, she knows about the abilities some have that deal with time. Sort of like time traveling if I am to understand. But Hallie's abilities are definitely top notch in the "special" category.

Dune from the Hourglass group, ones who try to protect time and all that and are basically Team Good, is sent to keep an eye on Hallie for big bad people want to use her abilities for evil. And naturally, the leader of the big bad evil group is none other than Hallie's mother, Teague.

As I said, this one was a little hard to follow since I wasn't up on all things time related. The purpose of this and that, the point of protecting it and protecting Hallie, other than the obvious reasons. It can be hard sometimes. Which is why I am now trying to make it a point to stay up to date on series...though I have about 3-4 trilogies that need to be finished starting with book 2s!

Regardless of memory issues, I still found this one to be pretty enjoyable. Hallie and Dune were an interesting couple. Granted, I know we're supposed to already know Dune in some ways, but obviously he was a new person to me. That being said, I felt like there were things I should've known about him but didn't due to poor memory issues. I feel like Hallie was our newish character, but something tells me she was somewhat mentioned in the previous book, but that's only a vague recollection I think I might be remembering! Lol! Hallie was definitely a feisty character! I loved how she tried to rattle Dune but he was pretty much non-pulsed in that area. It really wasn't long before they started to fall for one another.

This was a rather quick read, but I can't help but wonder if it's because I wasn't really taking too much in. It's hard to absorb things and enjoy the moment when you can't help but wonder who these people are that just walked onto the page. I gathered that they were the main characters of the past two books, but there's still that feeling you know you're missing something. Darn memory issues! 

The ending is where this becomes even more prominent. Sure things wrapped up wonderfully with Hallie and Dune, but there was an epilogue that I felt like was meant to be a throwback smile on the other characters. It was a little lost on me since obviously I don't remember those first books, but it was still sweet in the general sense.

Overall this was still a decent read even though my over-occupied mind couldn't recall the previous who's, what's, where's, when's, why's and how's. Definitely a series that I would recommend binge reading unless you have the memory of an elephant and can never forget anything! 


Overall Rating 3/5 stars




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!