Oct 2, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Condemned by society and her werewolf husband due to a pregnancy she cannot explain, Alexia Maccon-preternatural, tea aficionado-seeks an explanation for this "infant inconvenience" so as to cleanse her sullied reputation and prove her fool of a husband wrong. Preternaturals are a rare breed and the only history of their kind lies in Italy with the Templars, a group that once partnered with preternaturals to hunt down werewolves and vampires. Will Alexia find an explanation for her impossible offspring? Or do the Templars have other plans for the curious "Soulless One"?








Looooved this series and the manga editions are enjoyable as well!! Looking forward to this one too!

TITLE: Soulless: The Manga, Vol 3
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger

ILLUSTRATOR: Rem
PUBLISHER: Yen Press
GENRE: Manga; Paranormal Steampunk
RELEASE DATE: November 19, 2013



YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.


Looking forward to Aimee's newest series as well! Put a request in at Netgalley for an ARC, still waiting for a reply!


TITLE: Pawn
AUTHOR: Aimee Carter

PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: November 26, 2013




32 comments:

  1. Great Picks! I am especially excited for PAWN... It sounds so awesome :) just like the mind twister of a book I've been looking for lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've requested Pawn on Netgalley, still waiting for the answer to my request too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, Pawn seems to be a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a copy of Pawn from Netgalley! I can't wait to check it out :D

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me that I still have to request Pawn from NetGalley, lol. Great picks!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've requested Pawn on Netgalley, still waiting for the answer to my request as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I am super excited for Pawn too! It sounds amazing! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. PAWN! I can't wait to get started on it too. I just got it from Netgalley, you should hear something soon! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am super excited for Pawn.:) Great picks.

    New follower.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-67-since-youve.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pawn sounds awesome! The premise if so cool. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen a lot of people choosing Pawn recently. I requested it on NetGalley. It sounds so interesting. I like strong female MCs and Kitty sounds like she might be one.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just got the approval this week for Pawn, can't wait to check it out! I loved The Goddess Test. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Gail Carriger's books but I have yet to pick up her graphic novels! Glad to see they're just as good though. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. PAWN! Needz. ASAP. Stat. MUST. HAVE!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i didn't know soulless was turned into a manga. it gotta check that out! awesome picks :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of either book but I have heard of Aimee Carter. Hope you enjoy the books when they come out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had no idea there were mangas to go with Soulless! I'll be looking those up ASAP. And I can't wait to start on Pawn! I featured it on my wow a couple weeks ago too!

    My Wow

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice picks! I´m looking forward to read Pawn.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great WoW picks! I have just started on Pawn and I'm liking it so far.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. I found the first or second manga at the library, but something caused me to not read it. I can't quite remember why I didn't like it.... Glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've seen the Pawn in Netgalley as well, I hope you get it :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm super excited about Pawn and I can't wait for it to come out. Thanks so much for stopping by my post.

    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haven't read either. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like the title and cover of this one and boy, I love werewolves! This sounds good and I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh Pawn was my pick last week! :D I just got it off EW- I can't wait to start it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  27. These both sound like great picks. I haven't read anything by either author yet but they are both on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both sound really good. I hope you get approved to review Pawn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice choices girl!! Pawn sounds great and I have heard of the Manga series before!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm dying to read Pawn! Great choices!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  31. PAWN seems to be everywhere. I hope you got approved! Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!