Oct 29, 2013

Review--Allegiant by Veronica Roth

One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.


It was phenomenal! So there has been tons of buzz over Veronica Roth's Allegiant and the epic ending to this wildly popular trilogy and I loved it. It was definitely one of the most emotionally driven series I've read in a long time, but now that it is all over, I still have to say I loved it.

In Insurgent, we had the big reveal. That there is life outside the walls that surround Chicago and we learn pretty quickly what that outside world is. I guess in a way, I should've known what that would be, but the paranormal reader in me had totally different speculations, while I should've listened to that quieter dystopian reader in me. Her voice isn't as strong as the paranormal reader's! 

You would think that there could be some happy shining light about to break on Chicago because of these revelations, but you would be wrong. There is still a lot of chaos going on in Chicago and outside apparently. Now Four's parents are butting heads with one another, Evelyn's way of life for Chicago citizens isn't exactly ideal. Then there's the Allegiant, a group led by Joanna who wants things to go back to the way they were, to an extent. 

On the outside though? There's still trouble and problems abound. After learning what this new group is about and what they've done, Tris has a hard time figuring out who the enemies really are. There's even another group among this new one that wants to change things as well. So basically, we have a whole lot of groups all battling one another! I can't get into the details of who they all are, because I don't want to spoil things for you!

I was so eager to get inside Tobias' head this time around! As you know, this book is told through both Tris and Tobias points of view. I liked getting in his head, it was nice to see what he was thinking, especially in regards to all the chaos that happened last time around. But the couple isn't all about being happy and lovey dovey. They still have a few issues they need to work on, with regards to trust and everything that's happened. And that whole trust issue becomes another glaringly obvious problem for them again. But in between all the drama and hurt, there were quite a few romantic moments that were of the toe curling variety and I loved them all!

There was still tons of action in this one! So much always happens in these books and they are all pretty long, over 500 pages or so, but they are pretty quick reads! I found that I could've read this in one day had I pushed myself!

Now let's get to that ending! There have been tons of reviews already they have said what a shock the ending was. And yeah, it was a shocker! Like mind-blowingly shocking! I don't think I've ever read a book where I was that shocked! Some have said they saw it coming and yeah, I admit that I might have too, but I wasn't positive. I thought maybe another twist would come in and totally change the outcome. People are saying that this kind of ending Veronica wrote took guts and again, I agree with them! This isn't your everyday twisted ending. Veronica wrote a frigging fantabulous trilogy here that is in short, epic!

I truly hope to read more epic reads from Veronica in the future. True, we have the release of Four coming out in February with all his short novellas and I will likely be buying that one too, but I really hope Veronica already has a new world cooked up for us because I have truly enjoyed her writing and would love to read more!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars



6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! I bought the whole series just about an hour ago and can't wait to re-read the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I loved it too, Jessica, I thought the ending was very fitting to this series, even if I did cry.


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it..... i'm reading it now.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really unfair that people are giving this book poor rating just because of the ending, because it was still a really good book. I understand if someone just didn't like the book/series itself, but fans of the series giving it just one star or something because of that is really sad... so, I'm glad you still gave it a good rating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, now I'm nervous to finish the trilogy! I've been hearing a lot of people crying over the ending. It's a bad surprise, isn't it? :(

    Great review Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so scared to read this book! I've read the first two and I loved them, but keep reading a lot of people are dissappointed over this third one, so I keep pushing out. I liked your review and I'm glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!