Oct 22, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"More screaming. More shouting. More awful, ugly gurgling, suctioning sounds. People pounding on the walls, or doors, on the floor..." p 21
















TITLE: Roaring Midnight
PUBLISHER: Avid Press, LLC
GENRE: Paranormal Historical Fiction
RELEASE DATE: June 7, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Character Names I Love/ Top Ten Unusual Character Names


*in no particular order



1. PIETR
from 13 to Life series by Shannon Delany

Just liked the unique spelling!



2. JANCO
Study/Glass trilogies by Maria V. Snyder

Such a unique and different name! And what a character!



3. XANDRA
Immortal Empire series by Kate Locke

Another name that's just awesome!



4. ASH
Iron Fey Chronicles by Julie Kagawa

Such a short name, yet so powerful too!



5. MAC
Fever series by Karen Marie Moning

Continuing with short names, love a powerful name for the heroine too!



6. YELENA
Study/Glass trilogies by Maria V. Snyder

Yelena was another cool name that I had never heard of before!



7. CHARLEY
Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones

Guess I like the names that can be guy or girl but sometimes more guy for the heroine's name! Charley is freaking awesome!



8. FAYTHE
Shifters series by Rachel Vincent

Guess it's moreso the spelling that I like of Faythe's name! She was quite the character too. Difficult to like, but in the end I did like her!



9. KISTEN
Hollows series by Kim Harrison

Kisten was such an awesome name and character! Oh how I miss you still!



10. FOUR
Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth

True, it's not his real name and his real name is pretty cool too. But how hot is it to be named such a small number because that's how many fears you have?!





30 comments:

  1. I must say that I really like the name Xandra. My name is Sandra, but Xandra sounds just a little more modern and a little bit more cooler than Sandra. Wonderful list :3

    You can read mine here: http://sandrasworldofbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/10/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! Wonder what the noises are?
    You've got a great mix of names there. I particularly like the name Yelena!
    Here's my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I have the first three instalments in The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, I just have to find the time to read them... Sigh, so little time, so many books!!
    Here's my TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kisten - now that's an interesting one! Haven't read that series, but it sounds like it's one I might like to pick up! Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a tease of a teaser! Here are Mine! http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-teasers-102213.html and http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/10/22/tuesday-teasers-102213/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. It's simple and to the point. I like that spelling of Faythe. This is the second list that has mentioned Four.

    Hope you'll pay me a visit at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2013/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-character-names.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mac and Charley are great picks, I love both of these names. Although, I haven't read either series. Definitely adding them to my TBR list.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Faythe! Thats a good one, I forgot I loved her name! Great list, love seeing Ash and Four there.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a single one of those books, gah I need to get on my game! I do see how unique they all are though :)

    Also...is it bad I sat there and could hear in my head those gurgling sounds from your teaser! I'm gonna have to look into that book now, that teaser sucked me into it!!

    My Top Ten

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I forgot about Ash and Four! Totally love those names!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really like Xandra. Good name. Thanks for stopping by our post!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Teaser sounds like it's a scene out of an insane asylum! Wherever it is, I wouldn't want to be there.
    My Teaser is from PEACE BY PIECE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, crazy teaser :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesdays_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that scene doesn't sound very pleasant. Enjoy! My teaser: Frankenstein

    ReplyDelete
  15. so that teaser sounds kinda freaky, great choice though. Thanks for stopping by my TT today :) Book Savvy Babe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your teaser sent chills up my spine. Thanks for visiting my teasers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh, your teaser is super creepy! I love it! Great list too. I like Ash as his nickname, but his full name drives me crazy.

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list - I really like Xandra, Yelena, and Faythe!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    - Kritika @ <a href="http://spidersilksnowflakes.blogspot.com>Snowflakes & Spider Silk</a>

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also added Four to my list, I know it's only a nickname but he will always be Four to me!!! My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crazy teaser! Love it! I totally forgot about Four, and I REALLY want to read the Iron Fey series. I really like the name Ash. :D Thanks for visiting my post! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all the unique names on your list! I really like the spelling of Faythe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Tease sounds a little scary. All those ugly sounds. Might have to check this one out.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT.
    Have a good rest of the week :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yikes, thats a teaser! Something very bad going on there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh my goodness...what's going on there?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a shame that I haven't read ANY of those books, but I love the name Janco- so creative and unique! Amazing list, Jessica. Must say, I'm enjoying seeing the responses for this week's question.

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier, and happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tease Jessica!! Love the cover to Roaring Midnight.
    And going through your top 10..... Janco!! I loved Janco!! He was such a great character! I miss him!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Ash and Xandra! Great names :)) And Four too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE Ash and Faythe. I like unique spellings of names :D great list Jess!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great teaser. Definitely sets the setting ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!