Oct 1, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

Just couldn't choose one teaser today!! Loving this book and 2 teasers seemed highly necessary!! But hey, I followed the rules in both teasers! :O 

"But we all knew it was too late. Flea had been monkeyfied." Kindle location 1941/4734*


"He tipped my head back and kissed me with such passion that I forgot about the mission and all the world's problems in that moment of utter bliss." Kindle location 2131/4734* 








*Quotes come from my ARC copy, therefore they and their locations are not final


TITLE: Taste of Darkness
AUTHOR: Maria V. Snyder
PUBLISHER: Harlequin MIRA
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: December 31, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Turn-Offs


*in no particular order



Funny, this was my Top 5 Sundays theme! 


1. UNFAITHFUL CHARACTERS


2. LOVE TRIANGLES


3. INSTA-LOVE


4. ARROGANT HEROES


5. TSTL HEROINES


6. MISLEADING COVERS


7. ABSENT PARENTS

Especially in YA books. It's like seriously, where are you when your teen is doing all this stuff?!


8. TOO MANY POV'S

I don't mind some multiple POV's, but when there's a LOT, it gets hard to keep track of who's actually speaking!


9. COINCIDENCES

You know what I mean, when a character really needs to know how to translate Egyptian runes or something weird like that and it just so happens that their best friend is an expert in that. I know that's usually needed, but I guess when there's no buildup to that knowledge it gets annoying. But if we knew that the heroine's BFF was an expert in all things Egyptian prior to needing said translation, then I'm not easily annoyed. 

There has to be a prior knowledge to the "it just so happens..."


10. OVER USE OF REPETITION

When a particular word or phrase gets used over and over and over and over and over within pages of one another, it gets really annoying. I can't recall the book it was, but the heroine was constantly saying this one word--not even sure what it was, just an expression...like hmm or something! One time I swear she said it 3 times on one page!




17 comments:

  1. Love the teaser, is it book #3 of Avry of Kazan series? I only read book #1 and LOVED it. :)
    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like being kissed with passion! Great teasers. Thanks for stopping by my TT.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tease!! I didn't know this was even avail as an arc yet!! Went straight over and got it!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well to keep your teasers short. I never seem to be able to manage that.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT .
    Have a great week.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I probably would have forgotten about everything, too... :P
    Great teaser, here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Maria Snyder. Great teaser. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/10/01/teaser-tuesday-oct-1/

    ReplyDelete
  7. With a word like monkeyfied, I have to check this book out. Happy Tuesday. Here are my teasers. http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/10/01/tuesday-teasers-10113/ or http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-teasers-10113.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers..."monkeyfied" made me smile. Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Monkeyfied?" I can't wait to read this one. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally forgot about misleading covers! They do get on my nerves. Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Insta-Love! Insta-attraction sure, but love tsk tsk. It bugs me as well. Thanks for stopping by ,y TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the teaser!! Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice list. I agree with so many of these. Rarely are love triangles done well. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Parents that don't exist bothers me too. It seems like even if they aren't the best parents they should be mentioned every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!