Oct 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


No good deed goes unpunished.

San Francisco contractor Mel Turner is leading a volunteer home renovation project, and while she expects lots of questions from her inexperienced crew, she can’t help asking a few of her own—especially about the haunted house next door…the place local kids call the Murder House.

But when volunteers discover a body while cleaning out a shed, questions pile up faster than discarded lumber. Mel notices signs of ghostly activity next door and she wonders: Are the Murder House ghosts reaching out to her for help, or has the house claimed another victim?

Now, surprised to find herself as the SFPD’s unofficial "ghost consultant,” Mel must investigate murders both past and present before a spooky killer finishes another job.


Loving this series and with any loved series, I look forward to reading the next one!


TITLE: Home for the Haunting
AUTHOR: Juliet Blackwell

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: December 31, 2013



Torn between two worlds.
Torn between two lives.

McKenzie Lewis’s ability to read the shadows has put her—and …those she loves—in harm’s way again and again. The violence must end, but will the cost of peace be more devastating than anyone ever imagined?

After ten years of turmoil, the life McKenzie has always longed for may finally be within her grasp. No one is swinging a sword at her head or asking her to track the fae, and she finally has a regular—albeit boring—job. But when a ruthless enemy strikes against her friends, McKenzie abandons her attempt at normalcy and rushes back to the Realm.

With the fae she loves and the fae she’s tied to pulling her in different directions, McKenzie must uncover the truth behind the war and accept the painful sacrifices that must be made to end it. Armed with dangerous secrets and with powerful allies at her side, her actions will either rip the Realm apart—or save it.


Sad to see this series ending already, but very VERY much looking forward to seeing how it all ends! That last ending was a doozie!


TITLE: The Sharpest Blade
AUTHOR: Sandy Williams

PUBLISHER: Ace
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: December 31, 2013




26 comments:

  1. The shapest blade sounds pretty good :) I've not heard of it before.

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Shadow Reader but haven't had a chance to read the second one. Nice pick!
    My WoW .

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, both series are on my TBR, but I still haven't started them. And wow, McKenzie Lewis is already ending, I definitely need to catch up.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks. Don't know them, but I'll check them out on Goodreads! :D

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these books before, and I don't know what to make of the first book. The summary makes it sound like suspense but the colorful cover says otherwise. Thanks for sharing, Jessica!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home for the hunting sounds really cool! And the cover is very pretty.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either of those books, but The Sharpest Blade looks quite catching :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of any of these books but both are a short wait now so you don't have to wait as long. I hope you enjoy them when they come out.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my post!

    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool picks. Hope you read them soon :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havent heard of these books but it seems like I need to check them out, especially the second one. Great picks

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also haven't heard of these two books, but thank you for sharing something unexpected!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Home for the huanting sounds pretty good. I love a good murder mystery and with the ghostly element I might need to check this out. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post today. Hope you have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of either of these two book, but I hope you enjoy them! They look like they could be really interesting!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of either of these! But I like the look/sound of the second one :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Home for the Haunting sounds like a great paranormal mystery! Love those. The Sharpest Blade looks pretty kick butt. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks :) I like the sound of the first one though, it sounds interesting :)

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not heard of these books before not sure I will be reading them but thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both sound good, but new to me. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These don't sound like something I'd go for, but I still hope you enjoy them once you get to them. Nice picks, Jessica.

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post earlier.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad to see Williams' series ending. It's super fun, but I'm tired of cliffhangers and love triangles that go on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both look and sound like fun reads. Hope you get to enjoy them both soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hadn't heard of this one before. Thanks for the suggestion and for stopping by my blog!

    Arianna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome picks, they look great! Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Spiced Latte Reads

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post, I love these covers! Thanks for stopping by yesterday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both of these are new to me! I hope you like them when you get to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Sharpest Blade series sounds great, and 3 books doesn't seem like enough!! Hope you enjoy the end!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!