Oct 28, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"Uriah shrugs. 'I don't know, if they want to watch me scratch my butt or eat dinner, I feel that says more about them than about me.'

"I laugh. 'How often are you scratching your butt, exactly?'" p 191












TITLE: Allegiant
AUTHOR: Veronica Roth
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: October 22, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers


*in no particular order


Wouldn't say these were "scary" covers, but they are definitely creepy!


1. HAUNTED
by Tamara Thorne


2. ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD
by Kendare Blake


3. GIRL OF NIGHTMARES
by Kendare Blake




4. TOUCH OF THE DEMON
By Diana Rowland



5. THE IMMORTAL RULES
by Julie Kagawa




6. RESURRECTION
by Stephen Cole




7. WOUNDED
by Stephen Cole



8. INFINITYGLASS
by Myra McEntire

This one just makes me think of possessions!


9. HUSH, HUSH (Graphic Novel)
by Becca Fitzpatrick & Jennyson Rosero



10. DARKNESS BECOMES HER (Original Hardcover)
by Kelly Keaton




25 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm not sure about the whole butt scratching thing, but it definitely made me laugh.
    Nice one Jessica.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty creepy book covers.

    and Oh my on the teaser- LOL I'm not sure I'd want to know the answer to that question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is definitely on our TBR list. We have it on order from the library. Funny teaser, not at all what I was expecting from this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote, Jessica, it's one I have highlighted as well. How are you liking it? I actually loved it - so I'm quite relieved right now :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm kicking myself for missing Rowland's. I love her demon series and the eyes just command your attention

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't WAIT to get to Allegiant. I actually have it sitting here, but I need to re-read Insurgent first.
    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the middle of a story so I can't read this one just yet...but I want toooo....It's right on my shelf staring at me every day.........IMine is from Shooting Scars by Karina Halle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny, cute teaser! I like your scary book covers also. Here is mine and Mine .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that tease! Uriah cracks me up. Great list as well, I have a few books to add to the TBR now!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you've got some incredibly creepy books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read another teaser from this book (but your teaser is more amusing). I recently added this series to my TBR list. Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a fun teaser, thanks for sharing, Jessica!
    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are totally creepy, awesome list!
    Thanks for stoping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! Can't wait to read Allegiant. Great covers, too. I really need to read The Immortal Rules. :D Happy Tuesday!

    My Teaser

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! Girl of Nightmares made my list too.

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's the first time I've actually seen the Hush, Hush graphic novel (I'm a little behind lol) It looks a lot creepier than I thought. Great picks!

    Our List
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't expect to read a butt-scratching excerpt from this book! Funny.
    My Teaser today is from THE FUNERAL DRESS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that teaser! hahaha I really need to start reading that series already! I've had Divergent sitting on my shelf for faaaar too long :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! You might not call these scary, but I definitely would!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think "Anna dressed in blood" is a good pick - both cover and title give me the creeps. Also the bleeding eyes of the Immortal Rules - Ouch! A good list altogether :)
    I thought about doing scary book covers but then I'd have had to google scary book covers and I kinda chickened out at the last minute and did Halloween reads.

    Cheers, Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha!! Love the tease... I scratch my butt too!! lol
    And they are some scary-assed book covers!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah #6 definitely is creepy! I'm already a little scared of dogs, so this one is definitely over the top for me.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Anna Dressed in Blood covers, creepy yet beautiful. The Immortal Rules cover is unsettling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Girl of Nightmares is just one of those books that I cannot look away from.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow, never noticed how terrifying Infinity Glass looks. I want to read it. Thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!