Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This week's question is: How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing?
MY ANSWER: Ooh that's a true toughie! Let's ponder this for a moment...I think the characters, plot, and world-building, etc. would have to be the best! If I can't get into the storyline or characters or understand the world...I'm not going to enjoy what I read. It can be beautifully written, but I won't like it. The elements to the story are what draw me in. The writing can be so-so or whatever, but I'd still love it!
This is where some self-published or even small press reads come in! I totally enjoy the storylines and characters and all that jazz. Maybe the writing isn't quite up to NYC standards, but it's still pretty darn good! I've given lots of 4 and 5 star ratings to reads like that!
So yes, characters, plot, world-building, etc are more important to me!