May 8, 2014

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Have you met a favorite author and have a picture? Share.


MY ANSWER: Oh yes I have! I've met quite a few authors! Generally I have to travel to see them. Usually just up to Chicago, but I have gone as far as Pennsylvania when I couldn't wait any longer to see Maria V. Snyder! Ended up going to the signing day at RT 2008! The first author I ever met was Kim Harrison. And that was in 2005 when I didn't know about RT and it was in St. Louis! GASP!

Kim was signing at a Waldenbooks (sob! Borders affiliate!) at a nearby mall so I went then! Later saw her again in Chicago (multiple times) for her books as well!

TONIGHT I am going to the first St. Louis signing since 2012! Not many authors come my way, but I was psyched to see that Kelley Armstrong, Kiera Cass, Kimberly Derting and Danielle Paige are all in attendance!! So excited about that one! There'll be a separate post for that (then I gotta pack for RT!)!

But here's a picture of me and Andrea Cremer when I met her in 2012! That was seriously the best year for author appearances in St. Louis!








13 comments:

  1. A great photo and how fantastic you have met so many wonderful authors, enjoy the signing tonight; I'd especially love to meet Kimberly Derting & Kelley Armstrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! It's really cool to be able to meet authors! :)

    Michelle - new follower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky that tour is coming to your area! Nobody ever comes up by me either. At least not very often. I mean, I get it but it still sucks. Why couldn't I just live in NYC?! lol

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Andrea Cremer was actually just at Andersons (naperville/chicago) but I couldn't go. I will be at the Dark Days Tour on Saturday though. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!
    I followed you on Bloglovin'

    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome! Some authors come here but my schedules never match, huhu. Enjoy the signing tonight! :)

    Thanks for dropping by our blog! Happy Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to go to the Dark Days tour! I'm completely with you that not many authors come my way. Glad you got to meet some favorites though!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiera Cass! :) I'm hoping to meet her soon :D


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool pick! That's awesome that you got to meet her! Have a great weekend Jessica! :D
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great picture!! Glad you got to meet her :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool! I wish more authors came my way as well. Thank you for stopping by. :)

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I haven't had the chance to meet any authors recently as they rarely come to my neck of the woods which is sad!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I picked Kim Harrison as the person I wanted to have dinner with. I'm jealous you got to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!