May 13, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



Since I may or may not actually be reading this one at the moment, I thought I would share with you the first few lines of Peter Pan! And yeah, went over two lines! ;)

"All children, except one, grow up. They soon know that they will grow up, and the way Wendy knew was this. One day when she was two years old she was playing in the garden, and she plucked a flower and ran with it to her mother. I suppose she must ave looked rather delightful, for Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, 'Oh, why can't you remain like this forever!' This was all that passed between them on the subject, but henceforth Wendy knew that she must grow up. You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end." p 1








TITLE: Peter Pan
AUTHOR: J.M. Barrie
PUBLISHER: Barnes and Noble Classics Series

GENRE: Fairy Tale
RELEASE DATE: September 1, 2011




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't


*in no particular order


Tough one...will require some major thinking!

 1. Weather Witch by Shannon Delany--yes I actually almost stopped reading this one. The world-building was pretty hard to comprehend at times. But I still liked it!
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi--shocking since it was a recent read! It was that world-building once again that almost had me ready to give in. But I carried on!
3. Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross--this one I was close to putting down because I couldn't really stand the characters. Of course I finished it, but it ended up being a read I didn't really care for at all.



4. Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel--I almost gave this one up too. But it was pretty short so I made myself read it all. At the end it was a so-so read, but the Peter Pan twist was the more interesting part!
5. Haven by Kristi Cook--I can't quite remember this one so well. I know I was struggling to like the characters and I did finish it, but ended up disliking it!
6. Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast--I wanted to like this series. So when I won book 1, I thought it was perfect! But again, I felt a character disconnect. I finished it, but didn't like it.


7. Blood Rules by Christine Cody--this trilogy was a bit of struggle. It had its ups and downs really. I guess it might have done with the world-building again and how I struggled to catch on to it. But I did finish the trilogy of this one!
8. Defiance by C.J. Redwine--I wanted to love this one! The cover is just amazing! But I think again, I was thrown off by the characters. I almost stopped reading, but decided to finish the book. I did not continue with the series though.
9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi--I almost didn't make it through this series either. Juliet's thinking processes and counting sometimes just got on my nerves. But I did finish it and the trilogy and quite enjoyed it!



10. The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay--I can't remember why this one was a struggle either. I guess it just really wasn't my cup of tea in the end. Never did read further than the first book either.






 







4 comments:

  1. The teaser may be longer that two lines, but it was worth it! ;)

    Thanks for sharing and here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading Second Star and I am struggling to get through it. I totally agree with you, the Peter Pan retelling is the interesting part but the plot is mediocre and the characters are not that likable. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the Never Sky is on my TBR pile (not actually pile, kindle pile..anyways..) Really looking forwarding reading it.

    Nina from J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second Star was kind of an odd read, I agree. I didn't have a problem getting through it, but it wasn't my favorite.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!