May 3, 2014

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life

 Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it. 

Rules: 
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week. 
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it. 
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow) 
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post. 
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: Most Intimidating Book Series (Read or Not)


*in no particular order 


HARRY POTTER SERIES
by J.K. Rowling

This is a READ one! I guess I would say it's intimidating based on its length. 7 books and all are pretty long! We're talking 500, 600, 700 and even 800 pages. I guess that's what makes it the most intimidating. But there's also the world building, I guess in a sense that could be somewhat intimidating, but it's fun and pretty easy to follow along!



OUTLANDER SERIES
by Diana Gabaldon

This is an UNREAD one. I've heard sooo many positive things about how awesome this one is. But I think what's intimidating me and keeping me from reading it is the world building. It sounds pretty deep and a tad confusing. I'm not sure I could follow along super easily.


THE IRON DRUID CHRONICLES
by Kevin Hearne

This is another READ one. I do enjoy this one, but I guess what's intimidating is all the history/mythology elements that get weaved into it. It really is enjoyable, but sometimes it can be a tad overwhelming. Mostly because it's usually mythology I'm not totally familiar with.



THE MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES SERIES
by Rachel Caine

This one's another UNREAD. I am in such conflict over it. Some reasons are just towards personal taste but then other is the length. There's 15 of these books in the series! That's just wow! My TBR pile is pretty huge as it is, I don't think I could handle another 15 books in it!



WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD SERIES
by Kelley Armstrong

Now I've READ all 13 of these books and loved them all! But I haven't read all of the novellas, short stories, and those special short stories she writes once a year. Plus the serial novellas I missed out on. There's just a LOT more to this series than 13 novels. So trying to gather ALL of them and read them in the proper order, that's not just intimidating, it's daunting!







5 comments:

  1. Iron Druid Chronicles is pretty intimidating...he pumps out those books so fast I can barely keep up. Another one that's intimidating because I know I'll probably never be able to read all of them is Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, no, no you HAVE to read Outlander. It is intimidating but once you get into, you fall right in and you will never want to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore The Morganville Vampires series. I am a huge fan and I have loved it for about 5 years now! :D

    I am always scared of books that are too long. A series that I am scared to start is A Song of Ice and Fire! I have the first book but I am still scared! it is so long!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got Outlander at the Barbara Vey Luncheon. Someone actually traded it with me because she said it was fantastic, but she already had it. I'm excited to read it, but I agree that it IS a bit intimidating!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome picks!!! morganville is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!