May 22, 2014

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.


Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?



MY ANSWER: YES! I have! My friend decided to read Twilight--no comment--and I decided around Christmas of that year, she needed to read something else! More paranormal reads outside of Twilight. So I can say that I have convinced her to read a whole genre and that's Urban Fantasy! And some are Paranormal YA! Really, I sometimes prefer calling it Paranormal Fiction, because sometimes it's not quite a UF world and it's in no way a Paranormal Romance one either, it falls somewhere between the two...so hence my Paranormal Fiction! 

And naturally, yes, she loved nearly everything I bought her the past few years. Ranging from Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series, the talented Jeaniene Frost, and naturally I had to buy her Shannon Delany's 13 to Life series when I realized she hadn't read it yet!






18 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting me again :-)
    I admit I haven't read any Kim Harrison yet :-(
    Old Follower.
    Kirsty @ All in One Place xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when Twilight was a hit, I wasn't as avid a reader as I am now, so I was actually one of the last people to read it at that time. It's really good that you convinced someone to read a while genre. That just amazing!

    Have I thanked you yet for always commenting on my blog? If not, then THAN YOU! :D Followed you on BlogLovin'

    Feature & Follow
    Signed paperback of Played by Liz Fichera(INT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our book club encourages reading just about EVERYTHING! We vote on monthly group reads to discuss. Sometimes we hate 'em; sometimes we love 'em. The most important thing is to have fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a lot of Twilight. I have never read it though. Maybe I will soon. Happy Friday!

    New follower here!

    Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twilight has been pretty popular, though I can see why. I'm pretty sure, unless you're counting Harry Potter, that was the first YA series that I remember reading before really getting into YA. It's a great gateway "drug" lol

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of Jeaniene Frost's books yet. I really should give them a try.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, naturallly, eh? I'm glad you have someone to share your love of books with! Thanks for stopping by earlier, Jessica :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I"ve read anything you just mentioned. I may have to fix that.
    Already a follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have read Twilight (unfortunately more than once). I haven't read anything by Kim Harrison yet but I have almost the entire Hollows series sitting on my bookcase waiting for me.

    New email follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by our blog earlier. Twilight opened my eyes to different genres. A friend "forced" me to read it and taped paper over the synopsis so that I wouldn't know what it was about. This was before it became so huge. She knew I wouldn't read it if I knew the premise because before then I wouldn't read anything that couldn't actually happen in real life. It opened my eyes to so many different genres and now I will read just about anything.

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a Twilight sharer also.
    I'm an existing follower on Bloglovin'.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can remember getting some of my friends to read more paranormal YA. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're such a nice friend! Why not read when you have friends who supply you with books? :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great you have friends you can talk books with.
    I grabbed your button to put on my new blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will have to look into these author's because I am not sure I have read any of their work. I def haven't read Delany's work. I really like the Paranormal Fiction!! I may just have to start using that too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Heather @ YA Fantasy Book Junkie  

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read a lot of Urban Fantasy, or any actually, upon consideration. It can be quite daunting to approach a new genre, so it's amazing you're introducing your friend to it book by book! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you had a great weekend so far!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so awesome that you were able to recommend a whole genre!
    Great job!
    And thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great that you convinced her to get off the Twilight wagon. I hate that it gets made so much fun of. I read the books and saw the movies and enjoyed them. I've recommended books to friends and they've liked them, thank God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!