May 29, 2014

Review--Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones

Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it's time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious beau’s back and conduct her own investigation. Because what could go wrong?

Unfortunately, another case has fallen into her lap—one with dangerous implications. Some very insistent men want Charley to hunt down a witness who is scheduled to testify against their boss, a major player in the local crime syndicate. If Charley doesn't come up with an address in 48 hours, the people closest to her will start to disappear.

Add to that a desperate man in search of the soul he lost in a card game, a dogged mother determined to find the ghost of her son, and a beautiful, young Deaf boy haunted by his new ability to see the departed as clearly as he sees the living, and Charley has her hands full. The fact that Reyes has caught on to her latest venture only adds fuel to the inferno that he is. Good thing for Charley she's used to multi-tasking and always up for a challenge…especially when that challenge comes in the form of Reyes Farrow.


Sixth Grave on the Edge is the latest installment in the fabulously talented, Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series. I kid you not, if you're a paranormal mystery fan at all and love to laugh, then you NEED to read this series asap because it is just that freaking incredibly amazing!

We pick up a few weeks where we left off and Reyes had asked Charley a very important question, one she has yet to answer. But her plate gets a little full when she has a naked ghost haunting her Jeep, Misery, trying to help a dying man get his soul back from the demon he lost it to, figure out what secret her father is keeping, find the witness the bad guys want her to or else someone she loves will be hurt, and deal with the possibility of having found Reyes's biological parents. And naturally she will have to find several cups of coffee along the way!

I just...wow! Really, there are no words! Darynda is a brilliant and talented author! She just writes such engaging stories that you cannot ever put the book down. It's freaking hard! Sleep, ha! Who needs sleep! Work? Psssh! Yeah, it's that kind of cannot put down kind of novel!

And the humor, oooooohfreakingmygosh is the humor funny! Charley is loads of laughs! She's snarky, sarcastic and just plain funny! She's quick with the quips and her attitude towards life and all that jazz really is endearing. She's just a simple grim reaper girl trying to do the right thing and live life the way she pleases and helping people and drinking lots of coffee and yes, possibly drooling over Reyes Farrow! And even the quotes before every chapter are laugh worthy! They're totally Charley!

The action to this one was yet again a fast paced one, where you really don't want to stop for anything! It's just one of those series that I fell incredibly hard for! And to think I hesitated to read it at first! I could slap my past self for that! Darynda is pretty much on my autobuy list now! Whatever she doles out, I have to read it! Charley Davidson and naturally, Reyes Farrow have wormed their way permanently into my heart! Sounds creepy when I use "wormed" but oh well!

And the romance, omg, it's to die for! Reyes is just that freaky sexy alpha male that you just gotta love! And Charley doesn't always take to his alpha-ness, but then there are times she does! They're completely magnetic and I love that about them! I love seeing a couple where they are just so in sync with one another. Sure there's some obstacles for them, but nothing really horrible where we have to wait til the series ends to get them together! 

And the ending here! Oh my god! Thank goodness the next book comes out in October or I would be a tad upset! There's more huge revelations to the prophecy or whatever you want to call it that surrounds Charley and her destiny. Some major, major revelations! 

And if you buy the print novel, which why wouldn't you?, you get an extra special chapter that is a snippet from Reyes's point of view from another steamy chapter of the novel! Totally worth it! 

This is a series that I cannot recommend enough! If you are to ever to listen to my recommendations, this is one you should abide by! Because it's just that amazing and awesome of a series that you really won't want to miss out on it!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars



6 comments:

  1. I've already got all the books waiting for me and can't wait to start this series, especially after reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first paragraph makes me want to check out the series :) I've not heard much about it, but I definitely want to look more into it now. Great review!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series too!! I'm waiting for my copy to arrive from the library then I'm definitely going to read it :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an extra chapter in kindle copy as well, Jessica. But you are right she is a fab author and I really enjoyed the revelations in this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books, but your review really makes me want to! I love paranormal and I love that it sounds really funny! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of these books before, but the blurb along with your review has convinced me to add them to my Goodreads and give them a try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!