May 6, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

"All at once I become aware of the smell of horse manure. Hay. Diesel fuel. A hint of Oreos.

Oh no.

My eyes fly open. I'm in the barn at the Lazy Dog. I haven't gone to my home.

I've gone to Tucker's." p86








TITLE: Boundless
AUTHOR: Cynthia Hand

PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: January 22, 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.




This week's topic is: Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art


*in no particular order

So yeah...my "art gallery" is going to be totally awesome! Yet, the artsy people might look at me funny! These will all (probably with others!) in my dream house reading room! Note, not the library because that's where all the bookshelves will be! ;)


 1. 13 to Life by Shannon Delay--this should surprise no one (except for new followers!) as most of you know I was crazy about this cover! Also can say I'd gladly frame the other covers too!
2. Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel--this one was just amazing! I actually have a mini poster of this framed on my wall!
3. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout--Daemon/Pepe is freaking hot on this cover! Totally love it!


4. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--loved this cover! The perfect UF cover!
5. Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost--couldn't decide between this and the first one so I chose both! Another perfect UF cover that's just awesome!
6. Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost--Vlad is totally hot on this cover! And the flames just emphasize it!


7. Wicked as They Come by Delilah S. Dawson--Criminy looks so freaky hot! Like a vampire version of the Mad Hatter!
8. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick--I was definitely drawn into this one! The way his wings are falling apart and he's falling in the sky!
9. Viper Moon by Lee Roland--another perfect UF cover! She just looks so kickass awesome! Although, still a little squeamish with the snakes!


10. Found by Alyssa Rose Ivy--the PERFECT picture of Levi!





20 comments:

  1. Horse manure and Oreos, interesting. I haven't read this book but I've seen it around a bit. Nice tease choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! I adore the 13 to Life cover, the Dearly, Departed one & Destined for an Early Grave, and Twice Tempted with the fire totally rocks, even though I'm not a fan of naked guys on covers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved Boundless - flew through it and it had a wonderful ending! I also love that cover for Dearly Departed, definitely need to read that soon :)

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, you picked some steamy, hot covers there! :) I'm liking them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great covers. You love people on your covers, where as I am less of a fan. These are all really interesting ones though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that teaser! I need to read that series :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite my feeling for the Hush, Hush series I really love the covers. They are so gorgeous and I love the contrast.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the Dearly Departed cover. ( And I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at Pepe ;-)) Great picks!

    And I love your teaser for Boundless. I've read Unearthly, but haven't got the second book yet. Can't wait to read it.

    My TTT
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the cover for Dearly Departed and Found. Great picks!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Origin! I would so put that one in a frame! Love Pepe... love the Dearly Departed cover as well. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooo I really like the Dearly Departed cover! Great picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I STILL haven't read Boundless! I need to get on that!

    Thanks for stopping by: Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the covers of the Hush Hush series.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no!! Wrong house! Great tease!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Hush Hush! Depicts sufferance quite well... thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that teaser, Jessica! And those covers...yeah, quite a few I'd hang on my wall. I am particularly fond of Found! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can totally see what your walls would look like!! Totally full of paranormal looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearly Departed has a LOVELY cover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh I've never heard of it before but Dearly Departed has a really cool cover, nice picks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok that teaser got me - the oreos seem so out of place? And she's in the wrong spot!! That's bad right? LOL sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!