May 7, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Acclaimed author Kevin Hearne makes his hardcover debut with the new novel in his epic urban fantasy series starring the unforgettable Atticus O’Sullivan.

For nearly two thousand years, there was only one Druid left walking the Earth—Atticus O’Sullivan, the Iron Druid, whose sharp wit and sharp sword kept him alive while pursued by a pantheon of hostile deities. Now he’s got company.

Atticus’s apprentice Granuaile is at last a full Druid herself. What’s more, Atticus has defrosted an archdruid long ago frozen in time, a father figure (of sorts) who now goes by the modern equivalent of his old Irish name: Owen Kennedy.

And Owen has some catching up to do.

Atticus takes pleasure in the role reversal, as the student is now the teacher. Between busting Atticus’s chops and trying to fathom a cell phone, Owen must also learn English. For Atticus, the jury’s still out on whether the wily old coot will be an asset in the epic battle with Norse god Loki—or merely a pain in the arse.

But Atticus isn’t the only one with daddy issues. Granuaile faces a great challenge: to exorcise a sorcerer’s spirit that is possessing her father in India. Even with the help of the witch Laksha, Granuaile may be facing a crushing defeat.

As the trio of Druids deals with pestilence-spreading demons, bacon-loving yeti, fierce flying foxes, and frenzied Fae, they’re hoping that this time . . . three’s a charm.


This was definitely a series that took me by surprise, but I totally love it! Loved it from book 1! Already have my copy of this preordered and it will be signed! Yay for signed preorders! Oberon rules!!


TITLE: Shattered
AUTHOR: Kevin Hearne

PUBLISHER: Del Rey
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: June 17, 2014





24 comments:

  1. Cool pick! I would be waiting on this too if I didn't have so many books in this series to catch up with, I've only read 1 and 2 but enjoyed Atticus!

    ~Mogsy

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Druids!! Love the sound of this read Jessica!!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up # 1 in this series from library a bit back and didn't have time to read past the first 3 chapters. So I need to start again. I hear it is a very good series :D

    Enjoy! when you can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not for me, but I hope you get to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh sounds good! 'Epic battle with Loki' promises for an exciting finale and yaay for a female druid! I hope you enjoy it and thanks for stopping by!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book isn't really my type of read, but I hope you can get a copy real soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, Jessica! :D
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Dress Up: Doll Bones

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should start this series cause it's loved by many. Nice pick! Hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this one but sounds good, hope that you get a chance to read it soon. Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read this but i've heard good things. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not heard of this series before today but I do hope you like it and who doesn't love a signed book?? Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh nice pick! I need to get started on this series, I have the first one sitting on my bookshelf.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for stopping by my WoW jessica! your pick is not my typical read but i hope you get it soon and enjoy it. happy reading :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  13. This isn't my normal type of book, but I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I've ever read a book about a druid, so seems interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this series, not sure it's for me though since I have a hard time with mythology in a lot of books (for whatever reason, not sure why) I hope you love it when you get your signed copy! I'm going to have to check out Oberon now myself and see what's there mwuahhaa :D

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´ve only read the first two books, I´m so behind in this series!!
    thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you know I own book one and still haven't read it Jessica. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a new one to me. I hope you enjoy it once you get it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. THis sounds like a pretty interesting read. I've not heard of it before though. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool WOW! I haven't heard of this book before or the author, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have not heard of this book, Jessica! I hope you love it :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, this ones new too me but it sounds good!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooohh, great choice. I have a copy of the first book in the series, and I really need to start it! Hope you love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jessica, happy reading :)

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! A signed preorder? Sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy this one :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!