Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This week's question is: Have you ever read a book you thought you'd hate but loved? Or vice versa? - Suggested by a GREAT read
MY ANSWER: Ooooh another one of mine!! Yay!!! There were a few books I thought I wouldn't "like" but ended up loving! One was the YA book that brought me back to YA and that was Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead!
I've had quite a few other books I thought I would hate or not like, I ended up really liking most of them. There have been some I thought I would LOVE, but only ended up liking. So can't say I hated those.
There was one book that I was oh so sure I would love though! I had read a book by the author before, so I felt positive that I would love this one! It had a blend of paranormal (at least I thought it did), a mystery and it just sounded soooo good. Sadly it was not.
The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson was one that I ended up loathing. Thank goodness I was able to review it and not wasted money on it. The mystery was only so so, and it didn't even really get solved fully. I felt like the romance was a sham and the paranormal element was nonexistent. It was just the most disappointing read for me. But I still adored the author's Tiger Lily! And will look for more YA titles from her should they be more paranormal vs contemporary.