Dec 27, 2012

2013 Movies

So I got a little bored and decided to see what movies are coming out next year, that I don't already know of!

The list was pretty expansive! Some, like I said I knew of. Mostly blockbuster hits like Hunger Games 2, Beautiful Creatures, The Host, The Great Gatsby, The Mortal Instruments-book to movies films, obviously!

Some other movies again, I did know of but decided to make a list here since I am bored!

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 
January 25th

So 15 years after Hansel and Gretel's first encounter with the witch that wanted to eat them, the sibling duo has become witch hunters. I vaguely recall hearing about this one and for now, it's one I definitely want to see!


Jack the Giant Killer
March 1st

Another movie about the fairy tales! This has another different twist to it. Jack is going up the beanstalk to save a princess apparently! Sounds like a good movie though as I am a sucker for fairy tale retellings or "continuations" as the first case is!
 
 
Oz: The Great and Powerful
March 8th

Oh yeah!! Another Disney movie I cannot wait to see! Love James Franco, so excited to see his role as Oz! Plus want to see another prequel type movie to a beloved classic! Makes me wonder if we will see the Wicked Witch of the East, I thought I heard rumors about one of the actresses maybe being in that role, but I cannot remember now.
 


Iron Man 3
May 3rd

Looove RDJ in these movies! So definitely looking forward to another one of these films!


The Hangover: Part III
May 24th

So did not hear about this one. On the one hand, I loved the first two movies since they were hilarious! And on the other, I just feel like the movie people are losing creativity by making a third one. Have no doubts though, that I will be seeing this one! It appears the original cast--for the most part--is still there too, so that's good! And rumor has it Mike Tyson might be appearing in it again! Although IMDB has is more or less confirmed!


Monsters University
June 21st

Obviously I have to see this one!! When Mike met Sulley, as the catch phrase or quip is saying! This prequel is one I cannot wait to see since I adored the first one! Although, this will be the monsters getting geared up for scaring kids again. But oh well!! Already saw this teaser clip and it was pretty cute. 

Although it does have me wondering, the description is saying the two meet in college, yet Mike is 17. I guess he was advanced? Or just hadn't turned 18? Just a little no nonsense thing that had me thinking! I tend to over analyze things when I watch them too much. Disney movies in particular!


The Lone Ranger
July 3rd

Uh, Johnny Depp?! Hell yes I am seeing it!



Thor: The Dark World
November 8th

Cannot wait for this one!! I really enjoyed the first Thor, although was slightly upset with the ending. I guess the romantic in me always expects some sort of HEA ending or a HEA for now ending!


Frozen
November 27th

The next Disney princess movie! So very excited about this one! This is supposed to be based on the Snow Queen fairy tale. Obviously with some different twists going on, since I believe--and it's been years since I read this specific tale--there wasn't a princess really in this tale. Just the Snow Queen! It's gonna be awesome!!


 
A few OMG, they are actually making that movie? Were movies such as:

Scary Movie 5 (April 12th)--Although I do remember reading an article about this. I thought the beginning--which usually shows celebs dying or something like that--was going to feature Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan. As to its plot? Something regarding different people going for roles in an upcoming movie.

Fast and the Furious 6 (May 24th)--Never did watch these movies, but 6 in the franchise seems to be pushing it. So few can pull that off. Harry Potter is an obvious exception since there were 7 books.

Carrie (March 15th)--Yet another remake of the classic film.

Jurassic Park 3D (April 5th)--Really? Another 3D re-release? I can understand Disney, but sometimes I think other movie people are in it just for the money. Which is kind of obvious. Although, I do admit some of the shots in this movie will probably be good in 3D for being "intense". There was rumor to be a 4th JP movie to maybe release in 2014. No info on it as far as I know.

Despicable Me 2 (July 3rd)--My niece might like this one. She loves the first movie and she might even be ready to see a movie in theaters by then!
 
Grown Ups 2 (July 12th)--I wasn't too impressed with the first one. It was basically one of those movies where all the best parts were in the preview. So I was surprised to see this one being made into a sequel.
 
The Smurfs 2 (July 31st)--Never saw the first one either, but I thought I heard it got mixed reviews. I don't know really. Just another sequel I was surprised to see.
 
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (September 27th)--Another sequel I am surprised to see.
 
Paranormal Activity 5 (October 25th)--Another one? Really? These movies, as creepy as they are, just don't do anything for me. Mostly because of that stupid camera angle thing they got going on! It seems like ever since the Blair Witch Project, these types of movies have been growing, but it drives me crazy trying to watch them! They're too jerky, like the person holding the camera doesn't know what they are doing, which I think is the point. Right?
 
 
 
I think I rambled enough now. There are more movies I can make comments on, but I think I did more than enough! And then some! If you want to see the full list that I was looking off of, go here, which takes you to MovieInsider.com


 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Gahhh!!!! 2013 is going to be such an amazing movie year! I had no idea that they were going to make another Thor movie, although I should have expected it. *Does happy dance* And also all of the new book to movie adaptions like Beautiful Creatures and City of Bones are going to be so awesome to watch as well! :D

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I'm looking forward to Hansel and Gretel. Very nice ^_^ and Thor EEEK. Carrie, I'm fairly excited about, I'm looking forward to that remake also FF6.. yes, yes and hell yes. lol.

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see that Hansel and Gretel, Oz, and Jack very badly after Hunger Games 2 and Mortal Instruments. I really enjoyed the Smurfs movie BTW. Great list! JC @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to Oz: The Great and Powerful as well. I really like the movie poster you found for it as well! Jack the Giant Killer looks pretty good too. I'm surprised that this is the first I've heard of it!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!