Dec 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




When her brother Val gets in over his head in an investigation of Half-Blood disappearances and goes missing himself, it's up to Xandra, newly crowned Goblin Queen, to get him back and bring the atrocities to light. Xandra must frequent the seediest parts of London, while also coping with what she is, the political factions vying for her favor, and the all too-close scrutiny of Queen Victoria, who wants her head. Add this to a being a suspect in a murder investigation, a werewolf boyfriend with demands of his own, and a mother hell bent on destroying the monarchy, and Xandra barely knows which way is up. One thing she does know is that she's already lost one sibling, she's not about to lose another. 

Xandra Varden is the newly crowned Goblin Queen of England. But her complicated life is by no means over.

There are the political factions vying for her favor, and the all too-close scrutiny of Queen Victoria, who for some reason wants her head. Not to mention her werewolf boyfriend with demands of his own, and a mother hell bent on destroying the monarchy. Now she's the suspect in a murder investigation --- and Xandra barely knows which way is up.

What she does know is that nothing lasts forever---and immortality isn't all its cracked up to be.



Another series I have yet to start and already the sequel is fast approaching! Hoping to get to this one eventually, but who knows when that will happen! Hopefully before this releases!


TITLE: The Queen is Dead
AUTHOR: Kate Locke

PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Steampunk Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: February 5, 2013






34 comments:

  1. Oh, sounds interesting! Great pick, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by my WoW post earlier. Happy reading! :)

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series yet either but have heard great things about it!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book but I still need to read it, hopefully sooner rather than later, great pick
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me that I need to start this series too. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this book before but it really sounds interesting :) I like the colours on the cover :) I hope you'll get it soon :)

    Here is our wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I come across this book! It sounds interesting! Great pick dear!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read God Save The Queen. It is on my tbr:) Hope you get to enjoy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! I've seen this series around and the covers always catch my eye. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read much about goblins. Sounds interesting.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This series is on my TBR list too!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that cover! And the blurb is very exciting, with just enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here - I have the first book, but have yet to find time to give it a read.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My I so want to read this book. I absolutely loved the first one. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I have ever read one with a Goblin as the main character. Very interesting story line! My WoW. Old Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of this series before. but it sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of that book.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhhh the cover of this book is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must live on a deserted island, but I need to get out and read this one. It sounds fascinating.

    Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really cool. Goblin Queen? Sign me up. Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds amazing, I'm definitely going to have to find the first book. Please check out my WoW! I'm an old follower.

    We're also doing a giveaway that ends today, see if you want a copy of Delusion.

    Thanks,
    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't heard of this one yet. It definitely sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't read these books yet but i really like her steampunk YA books.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of this series yet! It sounds really intriguing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  26. This one sounds intriguing! I've never read a goblin book before, so I'll have to get to it soon! Thanks for stopping by! Old follower. :)

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this cover! I hadn't heard of this one before! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhhhhhh I like the sound of this one! Must add to TBR! Yes yes!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a very interesting wow pick. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't heard of this one before, but a Goblin queen sounds cool. Hope you get to start this series soon!

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  31. YAY! You got to start the first book! I haven't heard of it before, but I hope it's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great pick!! I have heard great things about this book :)

    Samaine Bookworms Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!