Dec 19, 2013

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
 
 
This week's question is: Pick a book in your favorite genre that you’d recommend to a reluctant reader.
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Oooh this is an interesting question! I've actually recommended aka just bought for my friend, many books I've read as she was easing into the genre! I can't remember all that I bought her over the few years, but I think one that I would recommend is one of two series, these were ones I read when I first started reading adult books looking for my paranormal fix since I wasn't getting that in the YA department--turns out I only had to wait a few more years!

First would be Kelley Armstrong's series Women of the Otherworld! I recommend reading them in order, because there are just little tiny events that happened that would be good to read if you read them in order and there will be no confusion.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11918.Bitten?from_search=trueYou'll get a nice little taste of lots of paranormal beings in this series. It starts out with werewolves, but then we meet vampires, witches, demons, necromancers and on and on! And there's even more "beings" in the books as secondary characters that you'll meet! There are all filled with action, engaging plots, sprinklings of romance and a good amount of humor/comic relief!



The other series I started with and would recommend is Kim Harrison's Hollow series! I LOVE this series and still do! It's so fun! Again, we get a mix of paranormal characters and the plot is always pretty intense and exciting! Rachel never seems to catch a break in this series and has a lot of crap storms to weather through--big and small.

The characters are incredible! There's romance, there's secrets and betrayals, there's action and suspense and yet again some more humorous and downtime moments that just creates the perfect and incredible read for the reluctant paranormal reader!
 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30264.Dead_Witch_Walking?from_search=true





15 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of Kelley Armstrong, her books are amazing! But I have't heard of Dead Witch Walking yet, I'll be sure to check it out!
    Here's mine:

    http://sunshinefictionreviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read either, but they both seem really interesting! :D
    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend wants me to read the Kelley Armstrong series so badly, she even lent me the first 6 books a couple of weeks ago.

    New GFC follower
    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I've meant to read Kelley's books for such a long time. I've heard they're great.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been hearing a lot of good things about Kelley Armstrong. Maybe it's high time for me to try out her books. As for Kim Harisson's The Hallows series, it's already on my TBR. The high GR rating is really overwhelming and I felt like I need to jump into the bandwagon.

    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens. Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kelly Armstrong. (More the Elena and Clay books then the others though.) And Kim Harrison is currently on my TBR shelf! Happy Friday!

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sound really interesting. I don't read a lot of adult paranormal. I'm about to listen to an Anne Rice audiobook though. Thanks for the recommendations.

    Happy FF! Thanks for stopping by my site. Old follower.
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting picks, you're much more convincing than their covers haha
    Now following via GFC and Twitter :)
    www.moodylions.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to try this series! :)

    New Follower via GFC! My FF: Isabelle's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to the blogosphere and could use some followers. I’m now following you via GFC & Twitter. You can find my blog at Kismet Book Reviews & Tours
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say I usually don't read paranormal , but those books seems interesting.

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I'm new to FF and I'm now following you via GFC and Bloglovin. You can follow my blog at http://lorenmathisbooks.blogspot.com/.

    Happy Holidays!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to read both of these authors! Now I want to read them even more with your recommendation! :D Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still haven't gathered the courage to read Women Of The Otherworld, it's so long :P
    The Hollow is next on my reading list after i finish with Kate Daniels
    Thanks for the tips ;)

    Whiskey @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice picks, both are new to me but I know the authors. Thanks for stopping by my FF post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!