Dec 17, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.
 
 
"His wings shifted, but he didn't extricate their bodies. 'I didn't know fear until you, Elena. Use the power wisely.'" p 55
 
 
"'You know what I've learned from my baby girl? To enjoy the now. It'll be gone soon enough, and no one knows what the next hour, much less tomorrow, will bring.'" p 91










 
 
AUTHOR: Nalini Singh
PUBLISHER: Jove
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 29, 2013



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
 
 
*in no particular order
 
 
 
 1. MAUREEN JOHNSON
 2. JAMIE MANNING
3. BELLA FORREST
 
 
4. CHLOE JACOBS
5. PAGE MORGAN
6. ALETHEA KONTIS
 
 
 7. SUSAN EE
8. VICTORIA SCOTT
9. CECY ROBSON


10. ALYSSA ROSE IVY




 
 

26 comments:

  1. I love Susan Ee as well, but most of the other authors on your list today, I don't know yet :)

    Your teaser is awesome, Jessica! I have that book waiting on my kindle, but I'm trying to get through some more ARCs before I start on the books I've purchaces.

    Have a terrific Tuesday!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers Jessica. Thanks for sharing.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Nalini Singh's psy-changeling series but I still need to get started on Guild Hunter. Really wanna read Susan Ee too :)
    here's our TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Susan Ee...she's so cute to meet in person too and I love her take on Angels. So unique!

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I've been meaning to start Alyssa Rose Ivy and Susan Ee

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! Very intriguing. And Maureen Johnson was the only author I recognized from your list, but I totally loved her book! Can't wait to read #2! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D Happy Tuesday!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´ve both Susan Ee´s books on my kindle but I´ve yet to read them. Nice list!
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only heard of 3 of them before now... well I think I might have heard of Susan Ee, but can't be certain, lol.

    Also I really liked the teasers you provided! Makes me want to read that series even more now.


    Thanks for stopping by earlier, and silly woman. Don't you know you don't have to tell me that you're an old follower, I've "known" you since what, 2009? lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have quite a few authors here that I haven't come across before, I'll have to check them out! We do both have Maureen though so yay for that! Thanks for stopping by my TTT. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan Ee is so talented :) she is one of my favourites too! I haven't come across any of the others but I'll definitely be checking them out!

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I've read anything by the authors you listed. Oh, well! Just gives me more authors to try, I guess. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maureen Johnson! I can't wait for the third book in her series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've read anything by any of these authors, but there's a couple that I want to try. Especially Maureen Johnson.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic picks! And YAY for Chloe Jacobs! And I love Althea Kontis and Susan Ee! SO GOOD! Nice picks! Glad you've found some amazing new authors!
    Thanks for dropping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list! I especially love Maureen Johnson's books :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the now because you don't know what tomorrow might bring. That is so true.

    Happy Tuesday Jessica

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Argh!! Great teasers!! I haven't picked up Archangel's Legion yet.... I forgot about it when I did my BD order!!
    .
    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice teasers! I like the hear and now take on life. Three of your new to you authors were also new to me this year Cecy Robson is one of my favorites for this year.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the excerpts today, Jessica, and I like your list. Victoria came SO CLOSE to being in my top ten today. I'm actually giving away a copy of The Collector tonight. Thanks for sharing!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love that teaser!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know, I've had Susan Ee's Angelfall on my TBR list forever but I haven't read it yet and Maureen Johnson is so popular that I feel a little ashamed that I haven't read her books yet. I'll get to it.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Most of these are totally new to me. Great list.

    I've wanted to check out Alethea Kontis, I'm a sucker for a girl in a fancy dress cover.
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list, lots of authors that I haven't heard of but will definitely have to check out. Really want to read some Maureen Johnson, have seen her on a lot of lists :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gahhh I still need to read The Collector from Victoria Scott but I've heard great things. Great list.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!