Dec 4, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Calder and Lily never imagined falling in love would mean breaking apart. But ever since Lily started wearing a glass pendant that once belonged to Nadia, Calder's adoptive mother, she's been having vivid dreams of what life was like for the mermaid matriarch. In fact, she's been dreaming as if she were Nadia! And Nadia, it seems, made a promise before her death. A promise to reunite Calder's biological mother with her son. Lily knows merfolk are bound to keep their promises. Calder's not buying into it, though. He chalks up the dreams to stress. He wants Lily to focus on the future—their future, not the past. Which forces Lily to send Calder away. Calder goes, feeling rejected and more than a little tempted to revert to his hunting ways.  

What both of them overlook is the present: Calder's sisters, Maris and Pavati, are fighting for control of the mermaid clan, and now that Lily and her dad have transformed into mer-creatures, both mermaids vie for daughter and father as allies. Which of the two mermaids can be trusted? Will Lily make costly mistakes, forcing her to descend to the depths of Lake Superior? And if Calder returns, will he be the same merman Lily grew to love? The stakes are high, with many lives at risk, but Calder and Lily must confront the past as well as their darkest impulses if they want a chance at being together.


Soooo excited for this one and yet my memory of the last two is pretty spotty! Hoping it all comes back to me once I dive in! *No pun intended!*

TITLE: Promise Bound
AUTHOR: Anne Greenwood Brown
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Paranormal/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 7, 2014



On a well-deserved hiatus from the ghoulish grind of their TV show, Ghoul Getters, psychic medium M. J. Holliday, her boyfriend, Heath, and her best friend, Gilley, are back home in Boston. But there’s no rest for the weary ghost busters. M. J.’s ex comes to her for help—his fiancĂ©e’s brother Luke seems haunted by a sinister spirit.

The crew sets up surveillance cameras to watch for the possessive poltergeist while Luke is sleeping. But when he goes outside in the middle of the night and returns hours later covered in blood, they are all very concerned—especially when the news reports the murder of a young woman in the neighborhood.

Now M. J., Heath, and Gilley must remain self-possessed as they try to stop a wicked ghost whose behavior is anything but neighborly.



 I love love love this series!! So excited to be returning to it soonish!


TITLE: The Ghoul Next Door
AUTHOR: Victoria Laurie

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: January 7, 2014




32 comments:

  1. Is Promise Bound part of a series? I read the summary and it kind of feels like I'm missing some part of the story. Hope you enjoy both your picks!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about the Anne Greenwood Brown series. I think it looks pretty interesting :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I really enjoyed Lies Beneath but still need to read book 2. The Ghoul Next Door sounds great.

    Happy reading! :-)

    Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks:) I'm interesting in reading The Ghoul Next Door, sounds like it's going to be a great book :)

    My WoW :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ghoul Next Door seems like an interesting read. I am not really into mermaid books so I haven't read Lies Beneath or its sequel.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, there was a 2nd book for Calder and Lily's story? And now a third one is coming out? Seriously? How on earth did I miss that?!?!?!?!! I gotta remedy that, I think.

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome picks. I like the covers. The Ghoul Series I haven't had a chance to read. The first one sounds really interesting.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you'll enjoy these. For me, the 1st book with the sirens was only ok, so I wasn't interested in picking up the sequel, and as I've said before, I still need to try the Ghost Hunter series.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I did read much with sirens so that first one deff caught my attention, gotta check that series out. Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these sound great! Especially the Ghoul Next Door!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought there was something slightly off about the summary for Promise Bound, but I didn't realize it was a series. I will be looking those up for sure! I think the Ghoul Next Door sounds awesome. It's been on my tbr for a while. Great picks this week, Jessica!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I have never heard of either of these but they both look really great =D My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These both sound great! I can't wait to see your reviews on them!

    Here's my WoW

    xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the covers for the Anne Greenwood Brown series, they're all so pretty! Hope your memories of the two previous books come back to you quickly and Promise Bound is everything you want it to be Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, I've never heard of either of these books. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for bringing them to attention, Jessica! Hope you enjoy the books when you get your hands on a copy. :)

    Raina @ The LUV'NV
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks! Thanks for sharing. Check out our WOW
    Nahomi @ Books & Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice picks! I haven´t read the previous books of any of those books. thanks for sharing
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Promise Bound looks awesome, adding it to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting picks - thanks for stopping by My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick :) , I havent seen this ones around but they sounds really good.
    My WoW

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  21. i read lies beneath but i haven't read book 2 yet. hopefully i can get to it this winter break. book 3 looks awesome! great picks :)

    my WoW post

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't really enjoy Lies Beneath, so I never read the subsequent books. I hope you read and enjoy these two sometime!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both of these sound so good, Definitely gonna check out The Ghoul Next Door. love those type of books.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't think I'm quite ready for yet another mermaid book, but The Ghoul Next Door sounds like a lot of fun,
    Great picks, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh Promise Bound sounds really great!!! Definitely going to be checking that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These sound like great picks and I hope you love them!

    Thank you for sharing and thank you for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  27. They both sound like awesome reads!! Love the cover to Promise Bound.... mermaids are fun!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like a good read, and hope you get a chance to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the covers! Going to check them out!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!